Partially rendering multiple frames

Hi everyone,

Is it possible to spot-render multiple frames (yet)? Or do something similar, like a region render.
I'm not looking for solutions that require hiding objects, changing the camera ratio, or anything else that affects lighting or camera angles.
I just want to animate and render a small part of the screen and render only that portion, as you would do with a spot render.
I don't mind buying a plugin if there are any that accomplish this.

Thanks.

Comments

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182
    edited April 2023

Oh, my dear, more than a platitude~ it's not possible now in DS to 'spot render multi frames'. However you must've known there're quite a few workaround, why don't you try some of them?

Another direction is go to blender, use Daz Importer to send your scene from DS to Blender in which there're functionalities of 'render region for frames' and some good add-ons...

Post edited by crosswind on
  • Reply moved to original thread, repost again removed.

• Rock23Rock23 Posts: 9

crosswind said:

Oh, my dear, more than a platitude~ it's not possible now in DS to 'spot render multi frames'. However you must've known there're quite a few workaround, why don't you try some of them?

Another direction is go to blender, use Daz Importer to send your scene from DS to Blender in which there're functionalities of 'render region for frames' and some good add-ons...

Oh, I did try them. That's what I meant by saying I am not looking for those. Maybe I should have made that more clear in my post.
    The thing is I am wondering if it is possible with a plug-in or any other way, as technically it shouldn't be too hard.
    But I was unable to find any working solutions.

Also going to Blender isn't really a solution. As importing Daz scenes into Blender works far from flawlessly (in my experience at least).
    But if that is incorrect or outdated, I very much would like to know too.

• Rock23Rock23 Posts: 9

Richard Haseltine said:

Reply moved to original thread, repost again removed.

I didn't mean to spam post, sorry if that's what happened.
    (The posts kept showing as draft with 0 views in my overview and I couldn't find them in the forum.) 

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,182

Rock23 said:

crosswind said:

Oh, I did try them. That's what I meant by saying I am not looking for those. Maybe I should have made that more clear in my post.
    The thing is I am wondering if it is possible with a plug-in or any other way, as technically it shouldn't be too hard.
    But I was unable to find any working solutions.

Also going to Blender isn't really a solution. As importing Daz scenes into Blender works far from flawlessly (in my experience at least).
    But if that is incorrect or outdated, I very much would like to know too.

Strongly recommend using diffeomorphic Daz Import to bring your work to blender for animation, you never know how strong the latest version of the add-on is unless you jump into it...