Gen 8.0/8.1 male's arm mesh completely distorted, anyone else have this problem? (solved)

windli3356windli3356 Posts: 230

It happened overnight, my 8/8.1 male's arm mesh looks completely distorted, even on stock setting Daz model with 0 morph, everything was fine a week ago, anyone else got this problem or is it just on my PC

I wonder what could trigger this? sometimes Daz acted like it has a mind of its own, overrideing user's saved local enviorment and files loction without user's conscent even when work offline, I suspect Daz touched "based joint correctivness" & "base flexion"

The 1st picture was from last week when everything worked as intended, the later 2 are their current status, the 3rd pic is stock setting Daz model with 0 morph 

before.jpg
1447 x 1678 - 347K
!after.jpg
1869 x 1922 - 600K
!stocksetting gen8 8.1.jpg
2879 x 2399 - 1M
Post edited by windli3356 on

Comments

• You have installed some new cotnent which has an error in itss et up - check for updates (in DIM or Smart Content with DS online, depending on how you install), there was a daz character that did this but that was fixed ages ago.

• windli3356windli3356 Posts: 230
    edited April 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

You have installed some new cotnent which has an error in itss et up - check for updates (in DIM or Smart Content with DS online, depending on how you install), there was a daz character that did this but that was fixed ages ago.

I suspected that as well, probably a runtime file, but what if I installed contents via manually file migrate? I have no log to see which file may cause the problem, and I haven't installed any Gen8/8.1 character for sometime since last year.  

And let's say once I spotted which file cause the problem, how can I fix it? what if it's something in runtime file which I can't delete?  how did the other person fix the problem? 

Attached is the log when I upload a stock gen 8.1 male figuer, a brunch of "formula target property not found" and strangely, I have "simonWM arm bend" in the log when there's 0 morph used on this stock gen 8.1 male figuer 

edit: btw, why all my screenshots were deleted? 

Post edited by windli3356 on
  • Vanishing screenshots and/or other attachments are caused by a forum glitch.

If you go to 'edit' your post they might reappear. When you have them attached, get their url and edit the post again - use the little picture box to add in those urls to add images to your post. Resize images to be no more than about 800 or so pixels wide {so they don't break forum formatting}.

If/when a mod removes anything they normally leave a nice red ink message ;-)

• Is this visible without posing or only when the arms are posed?

Catherine3678ab said:

Vanishing screenshots and/or other attachments are caused by a forum glitch.

If you go to 'edit' your post they might reappear. When you have them attached, get their url and edit the post again - use the little picture box to add in those urls to add images to your post. Resize images to be no more than about 800 or so pixels wide {so they don't break forum formatting}.

Thanks for the insight, it's a bug indeed, my screenshots seem to be shown as normal now

Richard Haseltine said:

Is this visible without posing or only when the arms are posed?

It's only not visible when in T-Pose, when you start move the arm even just alittle bit, the mesh starts distroted in a none human way, thanksfully I found a way to fix it.

For anyone who struggle with the same problem:  download stock gensis 8 male enessential starter bundle -> find your Daz content folder -> paste gen8 bundle folder into it to override all your existing file. 

• windli3356 said:

Catherine3678ab said:

Vanishing screenshots and/or other attachments are caused by a forum glitch.

Thanks for the insight, it's a bug indeed, my screenshots seem to be shown as normal now

Not for everyone. I saw them when you first posted, and not since then. If you open them to their own url, then copy/paste that url in the picture box they will remain visible to all.