Duplicate Error Message-Log File where?

Hello,

Im looking for help reguarding a duplicate error message showing up when I load either Genesis 8 or 8.1.  It says " Duplicate formulas found in files. Make sure that the content is properly installed. See the log file for more details." I dont know where to look for the 'Log Files" and anything I have recently put into Daz I redownloaded and made sure they all went to the correct paths, yet it still shows this message. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks to anyone willing to help me out.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

The log file can be found in Help > Troubleshooting > View Log File

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

Also, despite what the error message says, the Duplicate Formula error does not necessarily mean that some content is installed wrong. The message is to do with two or more products having clashing unique IDs - this can easily happen if you source content from multiple locations (as many people do). It really shouldn't (but occasionally does) happen with items from the same store.

Unfortunately, the errors shown in the log file will only point two one of the products - however, from the name it may be possible to discern the two products involved. e.g. if the error message listed an error with the file "Bob_Head.dsf" then if you had two characters called "Bob" from two different stores then those would likely be the culprits.

If you can figure out which two products are clashing and they are both from the Daz Store then you can raise a Support Ticket to get one (or both) fixed. If they are two products from different stores then it is a bit more of a problem since technically neither product is "wrong". I think the only solutions you have are to only have one of them installed/enabled at the same time, put up with the loading delay or manually hack the files yourself to give them a different UID.

It is a known issue that will be prevented from happening to new products thanks to a forth-coming Daz update but that won't fix the issue of existing products, unfortunately.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited April 2023

SofaCitizen said:

Also, despite what the error message says, the Duplicate Formula error does not necessarily mean that some content is installed wrong. The message is to do with two or more products having clashing unique IDs - this can easily happen if you source content from multiple locations (as many people do). It really shouldn't (but occasionally does) happen with items from the same store.

Unfortunately, the errors shown in the log file will only point two one of the products - however, from the name it may be possible to discern the two products involved. e.g. if the error message listed an error with the file "Bob_Head.dsf" then if you had two characters called "Bob" from two different stores then those would likely be the culprits.

This is changing in the Public Builds (which also seem much faster in loading, even when there are duplicae formulae). See http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_27 , http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_21_1_40

If you can figure out which two products are clashing and they are both from the Daz Store then you can raise a Support Ticket to get one (or both) fixed. If they are two products from different stores then it is a bit more of a problem since technically neither product is "wrong". I think the only solutions you have are to only have one of them installed/enabled at the same time, put up with the loading delay or manually hack the files yourself to give them a different UID.

It is a known issue that will be prevented from happening to new products thanks to a forth-coming Daz update but that won't fix the issue of existing products, unfortunately.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on