How to preview UE render in DAZ?

I'm new to using daz and UE5, and was tweaking with a character in daz which resulted in Pic 1. Pic 2 is the iray render, which is what I assumed the Model would look when ported into UE, and Pic 3 is the actual UE render. I'm realizing that UE has a completely different rendering method to daz, and was wondering:

1: how can i make the UE render appear to be as close as possible to the iray render?

2: If that is not possible, can I more accurately view the UE render in daz while working on it?

All help/pointers to resources are welcome, thanks!

1.png
470 x 470 - 290K
2.png
482 x 484 - 499K
3.png
293 x 259 - 119K

Comments

• After doing some tinkering, i've been trying to use the ported textures from DAZ to recreate the face as close as i can in unreal to the iray result. Has anyone else had similar experiences? if so i'd love to hear your methods, as no matter what, my result is always slightly off

image_2023-04-09_152237868.png
    1158 x 719 - 154K
    image_2023-04-09_152303787.png
    504 x 643 - 349K
  • Try using the DAZtoUnreal bridge.  There are some material settings loaded in there that would be a good start.  Remember that DAZ materials are made to look good in DAZ, not anything else (and they often don't).  Your materials in unreal should be closer to real world colors.  If you have a green face texture, your character will still have that green color when rendered in Unreal.  Experiment with different textures to see what you like or just look at the skin texture images and try those that look closest to real world.  Just as an example, I think the Alexandria skin textures transfer pretty good if I'm remembering correctly.

• Krys Kryngle said:

Try using the DAZtoUnreal bridge.  There are some material settings loaded in there that would be a good start.  Remember that DAZ materials are made to look good in DAZ, not anything else (and they often don't).  Your materials in unreal should be closer to real world colors.  If you have a green face texture, your character will still have that green color when rendered in Unreal.  Experiment with different textures to see what you like or just look at the skin texture images and try those that look closest to real world.  Just as an example, I think the Alexandria skin textures transfer pretty good if I'm remembering correctly.

Figured it out, thanks!