daz central crashes on Mac OS ventura

HUT DESIGNHUT DESIGN Posts: 1

hi, 

daz central crashes every time on mac os ventura, mac studio max m1. 

why, ?

thanx

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Some Mac users haev reproted that Install Manager is more reliable in the latest MacOS versions, though you will have to tell Gatekeper to allow it even so https://www.daz3d.com/get_install_manager/

• TBorNotTBorNot Posts: 369

DIM is very stable.  Mac Studio Ultra, Ventura 13.3.1

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,299
    edited April 2023

Belatedly moved to Technical help as it is not a Daz Studio application issue.

We are told that the Gatekeeper issue is essentially a matter of the Qt version currently used - Qt does not allow for the notarisation needed to satisy gatekeeper, Qt 5 and 6 do so when the code has been moved across (ongoing task) matters should be simplified.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • tubbesingtubbesing Posts: 48

Any update on DazCentral use in Ventura (13.4 (22F66))?

DazCentral consistently hangs on my Studio Ultra, after any navigation within the DC window. Thanks.

• tubbesing said:

Any update on DazCentral use in Ventura (13.4 (22F66))?

DazCentral consistently hangs on my Studio Ultra, after any navigation within the DC window. Thanks.

Development is concentrating on Install Manager, which has just had an update and which is gaining features like the ability to launch the applications to load contetn that were previously Daz Central tricks. The links/advice for getting an installer are also moving back to pointing to Install Manager.

Thanks for the info, Richard. What I really like about Daz Central is the decent-sized thumbnails, which I can no longer access (just get spinning beachball of dissapointment). Is there any way to get similar thumbnails in Install Manager?

• You can set the thumbnail size in recent versions of Install Manager - it's in the Downloads tab of Advanced Settings, via the gear icon at top-right. That is what you will see (once downloaded, right-click menu on one or more selected items) in a pop-up tool-tip.

Thanks. Retrieved them all, this helps a lot.