Hardware graphic processors

Hey all,

I have been working with and learning a lot in DAZ. I recently upgraded my machine for better performance. I went from an Intel i7 4770K with 2 GTX970s in SLI to an AMD Ryzen5 7600 with an Nvidia RTX A4500. I am amazed at the performance speeds and quality of my renders with this new setup. However, before upgrading I tried to get better results with a brand new MSI RTX 2080 Super. It wasn't enough therefore the A4500. I am wondering if I throw the 2080 in my machine if it will be of any benefit to me. Right now I can render scenes with multipple figures in under 5 minutes. Which is nice since I need to make thousands for my project. But that 2080 was brand new and now just sits in a box. I could build another PC but I would like to make use of it in my studio.

Thanks. . .

Comments

• The 2080 has 8GB of memory so it will run out fairly easily, I'm not sure how much it would boost speed when the scene fitted.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

BSwartz881 said:

Hey all,

I have been working with and learning a lot in DAZ. I recently upgraded my machine for better performance. I went from an Intel i7 4770K with 2 GTX970s in SLI to an AMD Ryzen5 7600 with an Nvidia RTX A4500. I am amazed at the performance speeds and quality of my renders with this new setup. However, before upgrading I tried to get better results with a brand new MSI RTX 2080 Super. It wasn't enough therefore the A4500. I am wondering if I throw the 2080 in my machine if it will be of any benefit to me. Right now I can render scenes with multipple figures in under 5 minutes. Which is nice since I need to make thousands for my project. But that 2080 was brand new and now just sits in a box. I could build another PC but I would like to make use of it in my studio.

Thanks. . .

Or if you are feeling generous. Pay it Forward Daz3d Style - Daz 3D Forums