data files names, i'm a bit confused... (SOLVED)

rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

So I created a set of expressions for G8F, which works perfectly, and which is only based on poses, not on morphs.
I composed my expressions using a few prefab expression files, moved parameters in the upper and lower face rigging, then I used the "Bake to transforms" function, taking care to check the translation xyz boxes. Then ERC freeze, save as/Morphs assets etc.
When I go to view some of the expression packs that I have purchased, I see that the property names start with the "eCTRL" prefix. Searching the various forums, it seems to me that this prefix mainly concerns the export of properties, but I could be wrong.
Should I add this "eCTRL" prefix manually to my data files or is this prefix added automatically in a process that I am unaware of? Does it matter?

purchased.png
932 x 447 - 34K
mine.png
952 x 535 - 36K
Post edited by rosseliani on

Comments

• You would have to add the name yourself when creating the slider. I assume these are for your own use - you cannot bake others' expressions to transforms, then spawn a new controller, and share that.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Richard Haseltine said:

You would have to add the name yourself when creating the slider. I assume these are for your own use - you cannot bake others' expressions to transforms, then spawn a new controller, and share that.

I do not bake others expressions, I use my own prefab basic smiles and other mouth poses, brows movements, cheeks movements, etc wich I did from scratch using the upper and lower face rig parameters. Good to learn anatomy.I even use a mirror t see how my face changes and try to reproduce my "grimaces".

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

It's just part of a naming convention DAZ have been using for over a decade, it's an "at a glance" thing, eCTRL tells DAZ (and me) that it's an expression controller, Studio doesn't care what it's called just so long as there isn't two with the same name.

There is no automated system, you add the "prefix" as you create the slider, and yes you can just ignore all of the prefixes if you want.

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Thank you Bejaymac and Richard for your answers!