MultiMonitor is even worse with windows 11

So multi-monitor on computers which do not have the same screen size (IE, I have 4k and 2x2k monitors) has always been an issue, but mostly I got it working. But now, with a Windows 11 upgrade, it has got a billion times worse.

Because Daz3d still doesn't allow each of the panel groups to run to the font size and dimensions of each of the individual monitors, you either have VERY large, unmoveable panels if you have the primary application on the 4k monitor or very small, and uncontrollable panels/viewport if you have the primary application on the 2k Monitor.

Has anyone figured out how to fix the issue with the panels being shared across multi-monitors when the monitors are not using the same Screen Resolution or DPI?

(btw - Multi-Monitor across different DPI monitors works perfectly in applications like Photoshop, Word, and anything else I use multi-monitor. Is only Daz3d which is having issues :( )

Thanks

Becs

Comments

• skyeshotsskyeshots Posts: 148

Win11 might not be the issue. I run 4 screens with different resolutions without much trouble. You might try using "undock pane group" from the quad-menu in the top right corner of each pane group, drag the newly orphaned pane group off screen, then manually adjust scaling using the Nvidia Control Panel if needed. When you get it just right, make sure to save your Workspace as a preset. Hope this helps!

• LauritaLaurita Posts: 212
    edited April 2023

I have a 4k display as my main monitor with a 2550 (or whatever) and a 1280 display as secondary monitors. I open DAZ's main on on the 2550 display and pull out the viewport to the 4k display and some palettes to the 1280 display. Thus the fonts look perfectly readable on the secondary monitors while tiny and basically unusable on the main monitor. But I don't need them on that display most of the time anyway.

Screenshot:

Screenshot

And this is how it actually looks to me:

View

Post edited by Laurita on
  • MoonwincMoonwinc Posts: 8
    edited April 2023

Okay so you are showing me that things will position but are you both not having issues with DPI size of fonts, and issues with dragging stuff.

So right now I have my system setup so that the Main App is on Monitor 2 (2k), my viewport is on monitor 1 (4k), and I have an additional Panel on my other monitor 3 (2k)

For me: The middle viewport is really small fonts - this only happened after Windows 11 for me. While this is usable, I can't use the middle mouse anymore to rotate the camera because it is hyper-sensitive.
    Additionally, I had to set up the viewport in the middle by manually changing the layout.dxe file, because I couldn't drag the size on the 4k monitor. It would only go to around 1/2 the size, and then stop moving.

And if I put the main app on the 4k monitor... all the side monitors/panels have the same issue, but instead of a really small font - the fonts and graphics are extremely blown up, and I can't drag anything there either, so I struggle to get the panels stretch into the right shape. Again, the only way I can fix it is by manually changing the layout.dxe file and guess at the right positions and sizes.

@skyeshots "manually adjust scaling using the Nvidia Control Panel" Sorry what are you meaning here?

(sorry blurry... having some issues with adding images on here :( )

ScreenDaz3DLayout.jpg
    3360 x 1280 - 204K
    Post edited by Moonwinc on