UberArea lights question

So tonight I did much research on light on my own and worked out uberarealight. Did exactly what I wanted for the most part. I am in love with the purple light the rune orb is throwing off. but...I never wanted the run orb itself to be that bright? Am I missing something here? Can I change how bright it LOOKS while keeping the amount of light it is throwing off?

Also excuse the half render lol my computer is slow as hell and i figured it was good enough to get the point across :)

light.JPG
989 x 547 - 144K
Post edited by timetravelmishap on

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

timetravelmishap said:

So tonight I did much research on light on my own and worked out uberarealight. Did exactly what I wanted for the most part. I am in love with the purple light the rune orb is throwing off. but...I never wanted the run orb itself to be that bright? Am I missing something here? Can I change how bright it LOOKS while keeping the amount of light it is throwing off?

Also excuse the half render lol my computer is slow as hell and i figured it was good enough to get the point across :)

I don't have the answer to your question, because I don't have experience with UberArea lighting.
    But I suggest you change your thread title, for example: "UberArea lights question"
    It would also be helpful to post screenshots of your Surfaces settings, so those familiar with the UberArea Lights can more easily identify your issue.

Regards,

Rosseliani

• Sorry that does make sense haha. Fixed! I didn't bother with a screenshot though beause the only setting I really played with was luminance which I currently have set to 100000.0. I love the amount of light its throwing off. Tha

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

That looks like an Iray render, and I see Magnificent Magic's Rune Ball and Missile. They load as Emissive, so all you really need is to get the intensity of light that you want. Thing is, if you make it brighter, the source tends towards white. To compensate, darken the emission color, using the slider on the right side of the color selector dialog. The light will dim, too, so you'll need to find a balance.

(Note: UberAreaLight is a 3DL shader to make surfaces emit light, yes, but it is not the same as an Emissive Iray Uber surface, sometimes referred to as a Mesh Light).