Did I break dforce and this night gown?

So. This was supposed to be a quick scene for me to experimient with lighting. its actually the one that lead to my question about dforce queing the other day. Put her in this pose and the nightgown kept breaking like below. I figured whatever its dforce ill see if that fixes it. let it run for an hour and it was only half way done whtn i got back from to my computer and i wanted to work on other things so i said id come back to that later. let it run while i was at work. 9 hours. still only half way done?? and no it didn't freeze i was able to easily close out daz. I have done other dforce simulations with clothing and it took very little time. and this isn't a huge environment that could be screwing with it. its that bed a very small room and a plane outside the window with a jpeg on it. thats it. What am i doing wrong?

https://www.daz3d.com/gayll-clothing-and-accessories-for-genesis-8-females <--figure

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-aq-nightgown-for-genesis-8-and-81-female<---nightgown

gown1.JPG
1178 x 786 - 103K

Comments

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

Before running a dForce Simulation, you must make sure that the clothing does not intersect with the character's body, nor with the clothing underneath. And in the case of a complex pose like this, better to use the "Start Bones From Memorized Pose" Setting.

Your second link gives a 404 Error, always use a Space if you add a comment to a link.

start bones On.png
    426 x 577 - 32K
  • Can't believe I messed up the link haha. OK but im a little confused. So the problem is because it was already sticking through her legs to begin with? I actually downloaded another nightgown (that i wasn't happy with because it wasn't mideaval looking but whatever figured id try) and when i put her in that pose I had the same issue with it poking up like that. so...is there something im missing on how to fix the nightgown in the first place before i even try dforce? As for memorized bones I just double checked that save and it was on all along.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    edited March 2023

For sitting poses like these I would typically use an animation, using a few intermediary steps to make it easier for dForce to compute how the skirt should be positioned.

Probably something like this :

• start from a pose where the figure is over the bed, the arms/hands are far from the dress and the legs are only bent at the hip with the knees straight so the legs are fully inside the skirt. Make sure the dress doesn't intersect at all with the figure and bed (so the legs rotation at the hips might be lower than in the final pose).
    • after a few frames you change the pose of the legs so they are in target pose (you might need to do it in two steps, one for the hip bend then one for the knees bend). Figure should still be over the bed with the skirt not intersecting with it
    • then you move the figure down on the bed and the arms down to get into final pose
    Post edited by Leana on
  • Got ya thanks! Ill check that out tonight :D