How many scenes do you have saved?

I have a little over 10K. 10,512 to be exact.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,151

644. I'm a little surprised it's even that high.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,558

6 folders for different stages i.e. new version of DS, or started using a new generation. Total of 4306 scenes. I like to go and revisit older scenes and sometimes update them with new products, new textures, new techniques or new figures. I also save quite a bit when I make major changes in a scene just in case I need to go back to an earlier version.

I would have more, but I installed everything manually up until a few years ago when I started using DIM and now, no matter what file path I try in DS, I can't get the older scenes to work (missing textures and some geometry (non DAZ content) which sucks because I really miss some of those scenes.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,795
    edited March 2023

5.4 GB  about 800 differnt scenes. I have some older ones saved on a extra drive, but every now I go and weed out older stuff

not counting sub scenes

Post edited by Linwelly on
  • SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,600

101 scenes total including subscenes, experiments and tests. Been using Daz for less than a year so not got round to cleaning up the embarrasing early attempts yet :P

• lorraineopualorraineopua Posts: 593
    edited March 2023

6988, 95gb, since 2009. I keep everything together in 'my scenes' and keep adding. And adding. And adding.

Post edited by lorraineopua on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,321

I don't know the exact number, it is certainly in the tens of thousands.  Character scene subsets, location scenes. divided into day and night and different lighting setups, kitbash mash ups, original content, animations, distributed over a few computers through the years.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,456

4280 since 2010, older ones are hiding somewhere...

• RawArtRawArt Posts: 5,750

all of them   ;)

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374
    edited March 2023

More than 3000 (121Gb) since 2020, the older ones were lost. Mostly WIPs.

Post edited by rosseliani on
  • oddboboddbob Posts: 348

Four or five. If it isn't going to turn into a final render it gets deleted. If it's more than a few weeks old it gets deleted. Once its a render it gets deleted.

I've got a small number of things saved that I've modified but I'd rather start fresh and be able ot take into account tricks I've learned or features that have changed.

• no noseno nose Posts: 300

906 counting, with probs a little more. Granted, most of them are extremely basic

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,924

About 64 gb so not much at all considering others in this thread!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,172

1100 since primarily switching to M4 and above.  And at least that many more from M1 through M3

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,227

One, I created a scene to do a render. I always overwrite the file with a new scene.

• About 4000 scenes and 2000 subsets. Since some of those go back to Studio 3 it's probably time to test and weed.

• AstraffelAstraffel Posts: 205

Some of those numbers are wild! I can't imagine trying to locate something specific, yet it must have advantages.

I have a mere 13 scenes and 328 subsets. Three of my scenes are utilities (exporting and testing), and the other ten are for specific types of animation projects. I always save over those when working on something new. The subsets are exclusively figures, custom props, and (mostly) animal presets all categorized and organized in a folder heirarchy. I think I'm closer to the minimalist camp, but I do hate having to search all over for specific figures or add-ons and usually create subsets for different textures. Otherwise, I'll forget things like having 17 coat options for Daz Horse 2 or other options that are scattered in smart content or don't show up where I'd easily find them.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Absolutely no clue.  For most projects I'll save multiple backup versions while in process with WIP and a number tacked on the descriptor, those are spread out over several drives on several computers, and I'll back up the ones that I'm working on to another drive periodically.  On top of all that, there are quite a few scenes that I started working on a few years ago and still haven't finished to my satisfaction, and not a few abandoned ones.  That's the nature of art.  To quote the legendary Chuck Jones:  “Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out.”