Can't get rid of Morph Loader Folder

info_b492a00165info_b492a00165 Posts: 157
edited March 2023 in The Commons

[Can't get rid of Morph Loader Folder] I've done this several times before.  I can't figure out what I am doing wrong.  I've tried deleting the data file, the duf file but no matter what it keeps loading with the Morph Loader file.

Any ideas?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Hmm I just deleted the figure from inside DS and it seems to be okay now.

• Nope spoke too soon.  What am I missing?

• What do you mean by Morph Loader folder?

• This here.  I rig in Poser then import figures to DS.  It didn't import with the Loader folder but it keeps saving with it.  I changed the folder settings, saved figure and when I load it the Loader folder is still there.  I've tried deleting the data - no luck,

ml.png
    519 x 386 - 41K
  • Why is the one folder nearly grayed out?

ml.png
    281 x 380 - 35K
  • Okay I deleted the morphs in Poser loaded in DS, no morphs, saved as a figure, then loaded it from library and the morphs are STILL THERE.  Something is off.  I'm sure it's saving to the right place.  I am stumped.

• That isn't a folder, it's a property group. It will persist until it is empty so click the gear icocn on the morph slider>Parameter Settings and change the Path (probably to /Hidden/something) then resave the morph (Save Modified Assets doesn't seem to catch path changes). You could also manually edit the path value in the .dsf file, but make sure to proeprly excape any non-URI xcharacters such as space (%20).

• I have tried fixing the path numerous times. Which .dsf file?

• Hmm I maybe got it.

• Nope.

• The .dsf file of the morph in the Daat folder has the path. make sure you haven't ended up with two copies of the file, in different places within the one Daat folder or in two different data folders, as DS will load only the first it finds (which may be an unfixed version if there are multiple copies)

• I see only the right morphs in the morphs folder.  But the morph load thing is still there.  I searched the dsf for the word loader and it's not there.  Is there anywhere else this could be?

ml.png
    1526 x 692 - 114K
  • info_b492a00165info_b492a00165 Posts: 157
    edited March 2023

The path is right?

ml.png
    1001 x 683 - 86K
    Post edited by info_b492a00165 on
  • Okay this is weird.  I saved it once and two morph folders were created.  One my vendor name and the other info.  So I changed my vendor name to info and it didn't save anything.  Something is whacked.  And I tried both of the saved folders and they both had Morph Loaded thing even though figure was saved without it.  I already tried reinstalling Daz Studio twice.  I'm at a loss.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,296
    edited March 2023

Again, that is not a folder and has nothing to do with folders on your harddrive. It doesn't have anything to do with Daz Studio the program either and therefore reinstalling Daz Studio does not make it go away.

The group heading "Morph Loader" is specified within the code in the morph "JCM-rThighSide" as a sort of address to help categorizing the morphs installed and locating the morph in the Parameters Tab - See the attached screenshot for a sample that I took from code within a morphfile.

Sample.JPG
    332 x 140 - 21K
    Post edited by PerttiA on
  • Thank you.  I think I got it working.  I had created a freebie that was in the same folder as the main product.  When my tester installed the freebie it overwrote the figure she had installed.  She reminded me of this.  So I zipped up the freebie folder and the main figure was saving as it should.  Weird.  I dunno.  But it seems to be good now.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The .dsf file of the morph in the Daat folder has the path. make sure you haven't ended up with two copies of the file, in different places within the one Daat folder or in two different data folders, as DS will load only the first it finds (which may be an unfixed version if there are multiple copies)

The Parameter Settings dialogue will display the asset path, which won't eleminate same location in two different content directories but will show up two versions in different locations.