Genghis Khan Newsletter Typo

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened my email to see my render "Peace of Mind" was picked as daily inspiration in the Genghis Khan Newsletter,

The only problem is that it's credited to an artist named Dingo, not me (Kadaj777).

Can this be fixed? Thanks!

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

We reported it

• kadaj777kadaj777 Posts: 89

frank0314 said:

We reported it

Thank you! :)

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383

It's been fixed but the ones who already opened the newsletter won't see it as the right person and it may take a bit for it to change over due to caching but it's been fixed.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

kadaj777 said:

Hi,

I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened my email to see my render "Peace of Mind" was picked as daily inspiration in the Genghis Khan Newsletter,

The only problem is that it's credited to an artist named Dingo, not me (Kadaj777).

May I say that it is a lovely image and it was a welcome start to my day.

Mary 

memcneil70 said:

kadaj777 said:

Hi,

May I say that it is a lovely image and it was a welcome start to my day.

Mary 

Aww! Thank you!! 

frank0314 said:

It's been fixed but the ones who already opened the newsletter won't see it as the right person and it may take a bit for it to change over due to caching but it's been fixed.

Great, Thank you! 

• caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,319

kadaj777 said:

Hi,

It's such a lovely picture; thank you!

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005

I got confused when I read that title, thinking that the Genghis Khan Club was active again, but that club kinda faded out after Genghis' grandson, Kublai Khan died and I haven't really received a lot of newsletters after that... not that I ever subscribed, but once your name gets on a mailing list, you get junk mail from all sorts of groups... I still get them from the company that made Stalin's mustache wax and I haven't had a (real) mustache since the 80s... maybe 90s... I've got one in a jar, but that's a long story.

I suppose it makes sense that the newsletter was from DAZ and not a club that fizzled out 700 years ago, but a lot of dictators and people of questionable ruling practices whose actions or policies may or may not have lead to the premature termination of the lives of whole huge bunches of people that may have opposed or disagreed with their practices, seem to have become popular again in recent times... We have the Tomas de Torquemada line of Comfy Chair recliners, Tamerlane pancake syrup and investment firm, the Vlad the Impaler shishkebab franchise, The Caligula brand of children's footwear, and Pol Pot potstickers... so why shouldn't there be a Genghis Khan newsletter... after all the VTI shishkebabs aren't that bad and the Torquemada recliners are so comfy you'll renounce anything just to enjoy a few more minutes of exquisite comfort in them.

In the grand scheme of things, how history views you is just a matter of what angle you are looking at it from I suppose... ...?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,818

oh noes a Dingo stole my art credit

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh noes a Dingo stole my art credit

Lol!

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,324
    edited March 2023

To let you know, I just opened the email  and the fix is visible with the correct kadaj77 art credit

toletyouknow.jpg
    609 x 716 - 85K
    Post edited by FirstBastion on

FirstBastion said:

To let you know, I just opened the email  and the fix is visible with the correct kadaj77 art credit

smiley 

• Write IdeaWrite Idea Posts: 291
    Beautiful, warm, artistic, divine. Your artwork is inspirational!

Write Idea said:

Beautiful, warm, artistic, divine. Your artwork is inspirational!

Thank you so much!