Installing to a new drive/directory

Hi all, the drive I have been installing to is full, so the DIM refused to download, understandably. So I went to the settings for installation (I have several different paths here), added the new directory (after first ensuring it existed as I had created it), chose that as the install path (F: RUNTIMES3), but DIM does not highlight that path, nor will it download to it. The drive has 540Gb free. What am I doing wrong, please? Thanks! (I attach a screenshot. I have tried applying several times, no luck.)

daz installation screen.png
901 x 655 - 83K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

You need to click on the content path shortcut and select where you want DIM to install.

• I can't find that in DIM...? Treat me like I know nothing, please. lol!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,142
    edited March 2023

3DScreencraft said:

I can't find that in DIM...? Treat me like I know nothing, please. lol!

Here - click on the pull-down arrow and it should drop down a list of your named locations ("RUNTIMES3", "Custom" and "RUNTIMES3") - just pick the one you want to use.

Capture.JPG
    942 x 677 - 110K
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Thanks, MelanieL - that's now done, but it still only partially downloads an item, then gives up and says Retry. Maybe I should uninstall DIM and reinstall, do you think?

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited March 2023

No, you don't need to reinstall. Did you move the location of your downloads path as well? Direct the downloads folder to the new drive as well and try again. Make sure you add the new location of your content within DS as well. The files are first downloaded to the default location of the downloads folder, to begin with and held for installation. Once installed you can either set DIM to save or del the downloaded zips.

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • 3DScreencraft3DScreencraft Posts: 466
    edited March 2023

Thanks Frank, but my problem is I can't find where to do that. I have directed the content db directories so DS sees the content, but where is the instruction for the download path please? :)  (Sorry to be dim, but after being in a coma, my brain's wiring is still a bit odd in the memory section!)

EDIT: OOOOh wait, I found it in the Downloads tab and it's working! Thank you all so much! :)

Post edited by 3DScreencraft on