Render Hangs at Scene Update With Genesis 9

ElorOnceDarkElorOnceDark Posts: 151
edited March 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey Folks, 

I wonder if anyone has ran across this.  I've tried to render two scenes now with two Genesis 9 charcters in them, and they will not render.  In the latest scene one had HH Belle for G9, and the other Subject 01 with M3D's Uther Human mixed in, both subdivided to LVL 3.  The setting is Stonemason's Wonderland, and I have a couple of vehicles and special effects loaded.  I have rendered scenes with as many as 6 Genesis 8.1 characters, similarly kited out with no issues. My machine has an Intel i9 10900K at 3.7ghz, a GTX 3090 with 24 gb RAM, 64 GB system RAM, Windows 11, using DS 4.21.  

I hit render, and the status screen pops up showing the scene is loading, but then it hangs at "Iray (Scene update)"  I've attached a screen shot.  I checked task manager, and while there is a lot of system RAM being used, (not maxed) the GPU and the CPU are barely taxed.

Any ideas?  This has never happened with Genesis 8.  I'm pretty frustrated with Genesis 9 at this point.  I worked on this scene for several hours.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Render Hang.jpg
770 x 701 - 98K
Post edited by ElorOnceDark on

Comments

• Hmm...on a hunch, I replaced the M3D Uther texture with Daz's Ivar, and lo and behold, the scene is now rendering! That texture was the common denominator in both attempts.
  • I'm having same problem right now it seems like every time i add a displacement map to ally 9 it won't get past scene update as soon as i remove it it renders. Which is weird because i had no issues the other day using it...

• PadonePadone Posts: 3,481

It has to be said that usually a displacement map is alternative to HD, that is, you either use a displacement map or HD, not both together. Since G9 is HD based it makes little sense to use displacement maps with G9. Unless you keep G9 at base resolution.