Making this skirt longer?

First off sorry I am basically taking over this particularly forum haha. I am pretty new to this and this is a hell of a learning curve. So...onto the meat of the question! I have been planning this story with a friend for several days now and both of us decided it would be way better if the story is about a teenage girl instead of an adult. Around 13. I am really starting to think this skirt is just a bit too much for what I want. But i still love this outfit? I want to hopefully play with it. As you can see over on the right it ony has a general scale slider instead of the 4 scale slider like some stuff does(why some do and some don't is a whole different question.) I also have fit control but as I poked around with it trying to see if I could fix the skirt I just pulled her skirt down and that obviously does not help my 'don't sexualize the teenager' problem haha.

Any ideas people?

mod edit for language

outfitUI.JPG
1357 x 774 - 97K
Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• Also I should say I literally started building her 'cutesy spooky' personality in my head based around thsi outfit i found and started playing with so this is kind of important to me lol

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

First clear the Parameters search bar, then you'll see more parameters than only "scale".

If the outfit has no "skirt length" or similar morph I'm afraid you'll have to create your own morph(s).

aaaaa1.jpg
    1357 x 774 - 238K
  • Unfortintly yeah i had already looked for a morph like that. Shame. Thanks man :D

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,420

"Show hidden parameters" will give you X,Y, Z scale dials

• QuixotryQuixotry Posts: 897

You could also try applying a dforce modifier to it and turning up the Expansion-Contraction value to something higher than 100%. I've used that to lengthen skirts in the past. As long as the skirt holds up in the simulation and doesn't explode, it can be very handy. I'm not sure how well it might work with the layers in that skirt, but it might be worth a try.

I have a little tutorial from years ago that covers the basics. https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/user/6161982310842368#gallery=album58129&page=1&image=504336

• You could use a dForm to stretch the skirt, but witha  complex design like that it would very easily distort whatever you did. It may be better to find a longer, similarly sized sjirt in and other outfit and use that - hide the skirt of this one and (if need be) the top of the other, which you may be able to do by seelcting and hiding bones or by using the Geometry Editor tool to seelct parts of the outfit, assign them to a new group (or an existing group for a bone that is going to be hidden), and hide the bone or use the Joint Editor to ad a new bone and make the group the Seelction Group for that, then hide it. You could also make the unwanted areas a Conditional Graft - I can't recall the steps, though they are broadly similar I think, but Mada has a good video explaining the method.

• Thank you so much everyone! Last night I found a backup outfit that I'm not 100% happy with but still kind of fits the character. But when I get home tonight I can sit down and see if I can't Salvage this one with the information you two have given me :)