Is there no way to detatch this doll from this outfit?

the outfit is Zenaith Pumpkin. when I SPAWN the outfit its all once piece. but last night when I was trying to fix an issue with the heels I kept accidently sliding them away from her feet. but as you can see over on the right the doll is its own thing? I figured it had to be movable. I actually had big plans on the doll coming off and being part of her history. I tried unparenting it.

doll.JPG
1445 x 867 - 147K

Comments

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024

Try searching for the bone that would move/translate her --as she seems to be a wearable. Another way would be for you to select the doll and then in the main menu create > new group. Now that she's in a group, you should select the group and use that to move the doll.

• Given that it parented to the figure not the hand it's set up as a fitted item, so you need to seelct it, go to the Parameters pane, and use the Fit To button to fit it to nothing.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Given that it parented to the figure not the hand it's set up as a fitted item, so you need to seelct it, go to the Parameters pane, and use the Fit To button to fit it to nothing.

Fixed it! I had tried that menu but only tried clicking parent to target. thanks :D :D

• Wow just came back and noticed i didnt actually attatch a screenshot to the first post haha. But now I have a new problem that I can't really explain? First image is when its on her hip. Face visable. I detatch the doll and now...it spawns hair over her face?

doll.JPG
    1445 x 867 - 147K
    dollhair.JPG
    512 x 794 - 60K
  • Does it render that way? Is the hair a separate model?

• That's what I'm so confused about? I literally did nothing but unparent it. And now suddenly there's hair on its face as well? I didn't spawn in anything new. But I did not try a test render with the model to see if the hair goes away. I'm at work right now I'll give that a shot tonight.
  • FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,024

It looks like it has a cutout opacity map somewhere and sometimes the viewport doesn't translate that well. So, if you haven't, try rendering it and see if it shows properly.

• Last night was extremely hectic so I didn't get around to testing a render of the doll. I'll hopefully get around to that tonight. I might be abandoning it anyways I've decided the outfit in general just doesn't work for a teenage girl anymore.