[Released] Magic Room [Commercial]

3dLab3dLab Posts: 456
edited March 2023 in The Commons

https://www.daz3d.com/magic-room

How about creating scenes in the style of Hogwarts Legacy?

Learn spells in this fantastic magical room!

This environment set is built with highly-detailed textures and a cinematic atmosphere that's perfect for story-rich rendered scenes.

If you want, you can use volumetric light in your scenes. 

Night Render

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Gorgeous :)

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217

The grain textures on all the wood looks so very realistic.  Thought it was a Strangefate environment for a second.

Also some of these props look very versatile and could even be used in more contemporary environs.

• There are some modellers who make something so exquisitely modelled that it leaves you speechless. This is one of them.

Regards,

Richard

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,010

This looks really nice!

• 3dLab3dLab Posts: 456
    AllenArt said:

Gorgeous :)

Thanks
    lilweep said:

The grain textures on all the wood looks so very realistic.  Thought it was a Strangefate environment for a second.

Also some of these props look very versatile and could even be used in more contemporary environs.

Thank you
    lilweep said:

Thank you

There are some modellers who make something so exquisitely modelled that it leaves you speechless. This is one of them.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you for comment...

This looks really nice!

Thank you
  • AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,171

Wow insta buy

• mdingmding Posts: 1,133

Also couldn't resist, many beautiful props, had to buy it.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 996

In cart. Finger twitching

• PitmaticPitmatic Posts: 762

in my cart too

Thank you everyone

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,558

Superb work 3dLab and at a reasonable price! [note- post should be tagged Commercial]

• Tag added to title

• mwokeemwokee Posts: 1,275
    I am impressed. But into the wishlist, I have have to draw the line between need and want. Want this but don't need it. Now go make a Frankenstein laboratory with the same amount of detail. It should have all kinds of vintage electro-mechanical devices, not just test tubes.
  • The way the room is built, it's actually reminiscent of The Library and The Library Iray Addon, probably mostly because of the way the ceiling is constructed, albiet yours is more sharply vaulted.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,310

The room is really, really amazing, thank you so much for making it! I'm especially happy about the vintage desks included, I'd been looking for some like this for ages. But everything else is beautiful as well, and the entire atmosphere makes one want to step right into the renders. Insta-buy for me yes!

fred9803 said:

Superb work 3dLab and at a reasonable price! [note- post should be tagged Commercial]

Thanks 

tsroemi said:

The room is really, really amazing, thank you so much for making it! I'm especially happy about the vintage desks included, I'd been looking for some like this for ages. But everything else is beautiful as well, and the entire atmosphere makes one want to step right into the renders. Instta-buy for me yes!

Thank you tsroemi 

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,217

Having loaded this and briefly played around with it, my suggestion for future would be to utilise instances for repeated objects and make room walls and floor separate so they can be hidden independently.

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,010

lilweep said:

Having loaded this and briefly played around with it, my suggestion for future would be to utilise instances for repeated objects and make room walls and floor separate so they can be hidden independently.

Good suggestions. At least Instancify can help with the duplicate props.

• UncannyValetUncannyValet Posts: 141
    edited April 2023

If you want to separate out the walls/ceiling, it can be quite trivial to do this in Blender.  This process applies to any object you need to separate in Daz Studio.

1. Select the room and export as obj from Daz Studio. Ensuring that on the export dialog popup:

1. 'Filter Objects' is checked so that you only export the selected Room and not the whole scene
    2.  'Write Surfaces' is checked so you get all the material zones

2. In Blender, import the obj and go to Edit mode. Select all vertices (or faces) and then Mesh>Separate>by materials, this will give you basic separated object by material zone.  If you want to further refine separation, you can continue to separate objects (mesh>separate>by selection) and join objects together (ctrl+J) as needed.

3. Export each separated object as obj.

4. Select all your exported obj files and then drag/drop all obj files at once into Daz.  (Uncheck read material library on import dialog popup)

5. With the original Magic Room object selected, go to Surfaces tab and right-click copy the material. Then select your imported objects, and on Surfaces tab, right-click and paste the copied material to surfaces.

Separated.JPG
    1475 x 917 - 138K
    Post edited by UncannyValet on