SU dForce Hanfu for Genesis 9 Failed Simulation Help

Has anyone else picked up the SU dForce Hanfu dress? I haven't been able to get a successfull simulation since I've installed it. It keeps exploding pretty early into the simulations. I've tried uninstalling then reinstalling it and I can't really see where the collisioin is even starting to try to work around it. Does anyone have any advice on the issue? I really don't want to have to ask for a refund for it. I'd rather get it working.

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-su-hanfu-for-genesis-9-8-and-81

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,656

How are you simulating?

Current frame or animated timeline?

Simulating from memorized pose or not?

Which pose are you using?

Habe you tried to simulate a simple standing pose?

• I'm simulating from a the memorized pose (the T pose) to a single frame, so no animation, just transition to the applied pose. I've tried a few different poses. Nothing complex at all. The ONLY thing that has worked so far is simulating the T pose itself.

A common problem is if any limb going from memorized pose to final pose, will pass through the torso or another limb, and thereby trap the clothing, so it explodes.

If you set you pose at e.g. frame 15, and then play the animation, you can see if that is the case.

Also if your final pose is significantly different from memorized pose, it may get too much speed, so the simulation doesn't have enough time to find a solution.

• It doesn't seem to be any of that. None of the limbs or body parts self collide at any point in the transition. There isn't an animation, so it doesn't have anything to do with that. I did just try your suggestion about increasing the transition time from 1 to 3 because that would make the most sense in this case, but that still failed at the same location. 

Try attaching an image of you final pose.

You could try increase collision iterations from default 4 to 8 and see if that changes anything.

• Ignore the outfit. I'm trying something different for the scene, but I figure I should still try to get this thing to work. As extreme as that arm bend may seem, it doesn't collide and it also fails the simulation quite a bit before it gets to what should be considered reasonable tolerences.

1.jpg
    2259 x 1902 - 878K
    2.jpg
    2259 x 1902 - 1M
  • I should also mention that the sword is set to be ignored in the simulation.

• What happens to the arms as they move into place, assuming you are simulating from zero (or whatever memorised pose is used)?

• Her left arm comes up and across as it should, and her right arm comes down and across. Neither arm collides with anything. The sword doesn't collide with anything either because I set it to be ignored in the simulation. This doesn't just happen with this pose though. I've tried quite a few others with no success.

I am aware that her arms doesn't cross through her body, but I have a feeling it is still the pose that is causing problems.

You can try the following and see how it works out.

Switch to 'Animated (Use timeline playrange)'.

Place your character in A-pose at frame 0.

At frame 10, stretch her arms straight out in front of her.

At frame 20 apply your pose.

Simulate.

• The speed with which parts are moving can also be a factor, as fast movements pump more energy and momentum into the system which then needs to be diffused out. In that case more subframes/iterations may help (as may higher collision settings, as the base mesh can get ahead of the simulated mesh).

• I'll try to use more subframes (I've never had to do that), but I can say safely that it's not JUST the pose that's the problem. I'd already tried a few different poses - and nothing complex because I realized early on that it was problematic. This really shouldn't be a problem.