Do you believe artists from Daz Studio discouraged after AI image generator?

It's completely unbelievable what midjourney can do with the simple fact of typing your imagination.

Do you believe Daz Studio and its artists will disappear along the years? Maybe doens't make sense anymore from them to create stuff for who uses Daz Studio (speaking of the fact they need to sell stuf to pay the bills).
It's sad but we cannot lie about that the AI is a monster creating stuff.

What do you think?

Comments

• 31415926543141592654 Posts: 967

Speaking as an advanced photographer [ in film ... not digital ], change will almost certainly happen. 

As an art form, 3D modeling and rendering will likely remain. However, in the business world and in advertising, the ease and cheap availability of AI will probably win. It may take longer in the movie industry as consistency is important and AI has not achieved that yet.

Whether or not Daz Studio will survive the reduction in the 3D landscape or not ... who knows.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,463

A question that has been asked countless of times by people who are only after single images...

No, I don't believe the PA's making 3D models for DS need to be worried, but there are some of us getting annoyed by being asked the same question over and over again in new threads as there is a thread for those that want to discuss about it.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339

raphaelmartines said:

It's completely unbelievable what midjourney can do with the simple fact of typing your imagination.

Do you believe Daz Studio and its artists will disappear along the years? Maybe doens't make sense anymore from them to create stuff for who uses Daz Studio (speaking of the fact they need to sell stuf to pay the bills).

What do you think?

Any artist takes satisfaction in having an idea (be it thought or emotion) and being able to create an image, poem, story or musical piece that can express it to someone else so that the recipient sees or feels what the artist does. That's art, that communication.

AI-generated art does not provide that satisfaction to an artist anymore than you'd feel satisfaction in being able to find someone else's image or clip art and show it to someone to express your idea or feelings. Sure, you might be happy to be able to find what you want, but it will never be yours.

Compare how you feel creating an image that you're happy with to just asking me to do it for you.

So, no, in the simplest terms possible, you're asking if coconuts will remove the need or want for apples and oranges. Creating sometihing is one thing, having someone else (be they person or AI-generator) is something else entirely.

Now, using AI to enhance your own art (as some examples in the other threads have shown, such as making your render look anime, etc.) is using it as a tool in your palette -- as would a filter or plug-in for postwork -- is another story, but still, it means nothing without our initial creation.

-- Walt Sterdan

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,800
    edited March 2023

raphaelmartines said:

What do you think?

When I was a kid, I was pretty good at sketching things. A lot of other kids came asking me If I could sketch stuff for them. They told me, what they liked and I sketched that for them.
    Now people will ask the AI to do stuff for them.
    To ask an AI, doesn't feel like it's MY work. It's like an art version of Star Trek's food replicator:
    "Tea, Earl Grey, Hot."
    In 3d, AI could be quite useful on a technical level.
    AI could help with shaders for skin and hair, which are still tricky.
    AI could support physical simulations for hair and clothes or soft body dynamics on human or animal tissue.
    As long AI is not interfering with the creativ process, everything could be great with AI.

Post edited by Masterstroke on
This discussion has been closed.