Daz Studio crashes during Iray rendering

Does anyone know what this error means: DazStudio.exe caused UNKOWN ERROR in module "System32\KERNELBASE.dll" at 0033:000000005AA8CD29, RaiseException (}+105 byte(s)? I'm running version 4.21 in Windows 10.

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,230
    edited March 2023

UNKNOWN ERROR in module "System32\KERNELBASE.dll" is a system-level error.

Did you make any changes on your PC before the issue started?
    Have you checked if there are available updates for your Windows 10? Unfortunately, some don't want to use this option. 
    Did you try to run the System File Checker tool so it can repair missing or corrupted system files? Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files - Microsoft Support
    Have you tried running the Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool to use Windows Update to provide the files required to repair corruptions? Unfortunately, some don't want to use this option. 
    Have you tried creating a new user profile and checking if the issue persists?

Have you tried an earlier restore point?

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • I did switched from hard drive to hard drive because one or two of them have failed. I just did a system file checker and it saids it had repair 73 corrupted files. After starting up daz studio again and try the iray renderer again a new error message pops up: DazStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "C:\Program Files\DazStudio\libs\iray\nv_freeimage.dll" at 0033:00000000E73D68E3, mi_plugin_factory(}+7747 byte(s).

Out of curiosity, can you run a memory test? If that checks out, it's a Daz thing, and someone will be along to help.

• Just did the memory test. It found no errors.

• It could be a driver issue too. If you have had two drive failures that does sound like the might be a system issue that you need to check out.

• It looks like repairing the corrupted files and installing the correct drivers (studio version instead of game ready version) have fixed the problem. Thanks for the help.

Good