DAZ Studio on Steam Deck works great but...

Please help if anyone knows how to fix opencl missing. As a result, I can't use dforce simulation. I understand everything about DAZ on amd custom GPU is trial and error for now. But I was hoping if there is any luck for me. Thank you.
IMG20230324220057.jpg
4608 x 2080 - 2M
Post edited by afterchoicesgames on

Comments

• This seems to be a known issue with the AMD drivers, although OpenCL is meant to be a standard there are significant differences between AMD's implementation and that on the nVidia GPU and Intel CPU drivers.

• This seems to be a known issue with the AMD drivers, although OpenCL is meant to be a standard there are significant differences between AMD's implementation and that on the nVidia GPU and Intel CPU drivers.

So, basically there is no fix yet? Thanks for the reply anyway.
  • So, I've just discovered the solution. I attempted to locate and install OpenCL and OpenGL from the Microsoft Store. The steam deck is then restarted. After installation, I discovered two options under the advanced tab of simulation settings. However, only the one named with my GPU works. The other one made the clothes vanish. They probably poked and moved away from the character. However, the working setting has the disadvantage of taking too long to complete simulation. A simple simulation like this took over 20 minutes. However, it is preferable to no simulation. Yayyy!!! I can now use DAZ Studio anywhere. Haha...
    IMG20230325094438.jpg
    4608 x 2080 - 2M
    IMG20230325095234.jpg
    4608 x 2080 - 2M
  • afterchoicesgames said:

So, I've just discovered the solution. I attempted to locate and install OpenCL and OpenGL from the Microsoft Store. The steam deck is then restarted. After installation, I discovered two options under the advanced tab of simulation settings. However, only the one named with my GPU works. The other one made the clothes vanish. They probably poked and moved away from the character. However, the working setting has the disadvantage of taking too long to complete simulation. A simple simulation like this took over 20 minutes. However, it is preferable to no simulation. Yayyy!!! I can now use DAZ Studio anywhere. Haha...

sorry to bump an old thread but how exactly did you install OpenCL on the steam deck?