DAZ Script: Access To Iray Render Settings?

3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689

Specifically the parameters in the Render Settings > Editor > nVidia Iray pane, such as Environment Mode, Dome Mode, etc.

As far as I can see there's no DzRenderer or suchlike class in the DS4.x online Object Index docs, (although there may be something buried inside something else,or it may be as yet undocumented...)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

Comments

• Thanks Rob, that'd be it.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited November 2015

Using Rob's sample code I've got the properties I want. Now I look under DzProperty and reckon I need to do getAttributes / setAttributes, but the essential propertysettings_dz is as yet undocumented. I guess it's similar to the old DS3 DzSettings? So with a bit of educated guesswork I set up oProperty using Rob's sample code with "Environment Intensity" as the string and do this...

var oPsettings = new DzPropertySettings;
                    oProperty.getAttributes( oPsettings )
                    print('>>> oP "Environment Intensity" = ',oPsettings.getFloatValue())

...(I know getFloatValue requires parameters - I'm getting to that) and I get this...

DEBUG: Found: Environment Map
    WARNING: Script Error: Line 1839
    WARNING: SyntaxError: too few arguments in call to getFloatValue(); candidates are
        getFloatValue(QString)
        getFloatValue(QString,float)

In the old DS3 DAZ Script 2 documentation it gives this

Number DzSettings::getFloatValue ( String key, Number def = 0.0 )
    Parameters:
            key     The key string.

QUESTION 1: What is "the key string" ?

QUESTION 2: Am I heading in the right direction ?

{Edit(20Nov15): I've copied this post to start a new thread "Undocumented propertysettings_dz - is this the same as the old DzSettings? What's a key string?", since other than the context of what I'm trying to do it's far more general than just Iray render settings}

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on