LIGHTS NOT ACTIVATING BIG BILL TRUCK

I recently purchased the Big Bill Truck and for the life of me I cannnot get the lights to do anything.

It should be a simple case of just turning on the options available but absoltely nothing works and there is not even a glimmer of light in the renders.

The lighting pre-sets do nothing when switched on and increasing the luminence has no effect whatever.

I am missing something here obviously but what this is is a mystery to me.

Any advise to get these lights activated would be appreciated.

Thankyou

Limey

Comments

• jjoynerjjoyner Posts: 595
    edited March 2023

Hello.  I bough the Big Bill truck and Trailer four years ago but never explored it much.  I believe the materaiuls for the truck and trailer are 3Delight materials.  I added the Iray Uber Base shader to the glass surfaces of the headlights so that they would have an Emission channel.  I changed the Emission color to white (anything but black is needed for light to be emitted) and increased the Luminance value from 1500 to 150000.  I left everythong else at default values.  Attached is an Iray render with dome lighting and an Iray render with no dome lighting and environment turned down low.  You can do the same with the surface setting for the orange lights

Big Bill Truck - Iray render.png
    761 x 872 - 695K
    Big Bill Truck - Iray render 2.png
    761 x 872 - 637K
    Post edited by jjoyner on
  • butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,207

There's an Iray add-on available, too. https://www.daz3d.com/big-bill-truck-iray

• LimeyLimey Posts: 19

Thanks for the notifications and suggestions...

The Uber base idea worked perfectly...Thanks

I have also purchased the add on already.  Thanks