Cannot create sphere

I'm absolutely new, and I'm started following Jay Versluis' videos. And the thing to create is a sphere. But I cannot create a sphere, it becomes nothing but a white circle. Any suggestions, please?

See pic!

Fake sphere.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 171K

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,592
    edited March 2023

Hi & Welcome to the forums :)

It looks like you do have a Sphere there but as you are using Filament drawstyle (drop-down that is to the left of where it says "Perspective View" in the top-right of the viewport) which is very bright by default. If you click on the sphere and then go into the Surfaces tab (in your left panel), and under Sphere>Default find the item that says "Base Color". Click on the white bit (which will bring up a colour-picker) and select a non-white colour and click OK. This should give you a better view of the sphere since you can see the light reflecting off of the object.

EDIT: See screenshot attached - ignore that fact that I am using a different theme and my surface tab is on the right - but that shows the sphere with a colour so you can see the light reflecting off it as you move around it.

Screenshot 2023-03-15 180605.jpg
    1668 x 1128 - 135K
    Post edited by SofaCitizen on
  • Thank you so much, SofaCitizen! It worked exactly as you described it! Rather complicated progrem, uhhh cool

You made my day! enlightened

• rosselianirosseliani Posts: 374

leifnoerholm said:

Thank you so much, SofaCitizen! It worked exactly as you described it! Rather complicated progrem, uhhh cool

We all had to be beginners, keep experimenting! I made my first steps with Daz Studio 7 years ago and I am still discovering features and tips. A powerful program needs your patience!smiley

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,592

leifnoerholm said:

Thank you so much, SofaCitizen! It worked exactly as you described it! Rather complicated progrem, uhhh cool

No problem, glad you are back on track :)

There is definitely a lot to take in but keep going with Jay's videos as he is an excellent teacher and very good at throwing little tidbits along the way too.