Carrara Serial Number

jaime 3Djaime 3D Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi.

I request for help to tech support about a warning notice I get on trying to reinstall my Carrara's copy, the warning says my serial number is not valid (is the original serial received from DAZ when Carrara was purchased), but I have not received any response after five days.

Any advise?

Comments

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

jaime 3D said:
    Hi.

I request for help to tech support about a warning notice I get on trying to reinstall my Carrara's copy, the warning says my serial number is not valid (is the original serial received from DAZ when Carrara was purchased), but I have not received any response after five days.

Any advise?

Which version of Carrara are you trying to run with the SN? What platform are you running on? Mac or PC?
    Have you been very careful to make sure there are not any spaces before the SN or after the SN when you place it in the field?

• jaime 3Djaime 3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The software is Carrara 8.5 Pro and it was already installed in the same machine but I had to reinstall everything because of an OS crash. The computer is an iMac, OS X 10.6.8 and yes, I am sure the serial is typing right and have trying it three times with the same result.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited August 2012

AFAIK Carrara 8.5 is the beta version, and the serial number has changed a couple of times. See the first post in this thread for the current serial number http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4700/ (Towards the bottom of the first post)

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

Good catch! Beta SN for 8.5...I should have known that...and where did I put those memory enhancing pills.

• jaime 3Djaime 3D Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thanks to everyone.

I didn't know about the expiration of the serial numbers, now I know I have to download the last beta version and type the right serial to have it working and... they already answer my request at DAZ help center and the advise was the same.