Mesh Grabber with rotate destroys geografts I'm not using it on

When I use meshgrabber on a necklace, it deletes the materials off of the geografts on the character. I'm not using meshgrabber on the geografts, but it is affecting them. Can someone tell me why, and how to avoid it?

Thanks

Comments

• victorvictor Posts: 49

And I should also mention that the geografts won't take their material via their relevant scripts anymore, they are stuck on bright white or grey (depending on the graft.) 

It reset the visibilty settings in one of the grafts, causing it to interfere with the other. So good news is I fixed that and the second, more customized graft is now ok. Why the first is still not taking a material I do not know. I may just have to delete it and redo.

• Mesh Grabber, as far as I know, turns off grafting just the way the Geometry Editor does. I'm not sure if that accounts for what you are seeing or not.

Richard Haseltine said:

Mesh Grabber, as far as I know, turns off grafting just the way the Geometry Editor does. I'm not sure if that accounts for what you are seeing or not.

Maybe. I just noticed it nuked the materials on a totally different model, one I wasn't even working around. That makes it pretty pointless if it's going to kill all the grafts in the scene whenever I use it.

• victor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Mesh Grabber, as far as I know, turns off grafting just the way the Geometry Editor does. I'm not sure if that accounts for what you are seeing or not.

Maybe. I just noticed it nuked the materials on a totally different model, one I wasn't even working around. That makes it pretty pointless if it's going to kill all the grafts in the scene whenever I use it.

That sounds like something else, not the known or expected behaviour of Mesh Grabber.

Richard Haseltine said:

victor said:

Richard Haseltine said:

That sounds like something else, not the known or expected behaviour of Mesh Grabber.

Well that's exclusively what I was doing at the time. Do you have any idea what would cause it?