G9 armpit gap

Does anyone else have issues with a large gap when lowering arms on slim g9 females? Any solutions for this?

Comments

• Is there any chance you could put up an image of the problem?

There are some issues with G9 and bends, the one concentrated on here was a hip-thigh issue  https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8001451/#Comment_8001451, but it wasn't the only one mentioned in the thread.

If it is the one, erm, not sure there is currently any help.

Regards,

Richard

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited March 2023

I did notice a gap like this happening a lot for custom morphs on G9 and them needing extra JCM support.

When i made custom body morphs for G8 and G8.1, they seemed to need less JCM support on armpit.

Not sure what causes that difference  between figures (whether it is geometry, rigging, or default JCMs, which now are called CBS), but either way PA should be fixing it with JCM/CBS if it happens.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Have you zeroed the figure? If so make sure that the slider for Joint Corrections is on.

• globallyglobally Posts: 122
    edited March 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Have you zeroed the figure? If so make sure that the slider for Joint Corrections is on.

Zeroed the figure? Not quite sure what you mean. This is with a FBM appied, doesnt zeroing the figure reset back to the base g9? And yeah base joint correctives is at 100.

I have attached a shot of the issue. G9 with my own FBM applied and adjust rigging to shape done. Arms down 100%

If JCMs are the answer can someone point me to a good tutorial? Im ok using Blender so making the morph will be easy enough, but hooking up the morph to only work with this charcater and when the arm is bent is always tricky.

Armpit gap.jpg
    605 x 909 - 36K
    Post edited by globally on
  • I wasn't suggesting that you do zero, just asking if you had as that can create issues by zeroing the correction setting.

Yes, if this is a cistim morph it may well need additional morphs to correct for joint bends - first you need to make a morph, then it is fairly simple to hook it up with ERC Freeze (just set the bend, the shape, and the JCM, then do an ERC Freze on the shape with the ebnd set as the attenuate by property and the JCM as the sub-compent)

• globallyglobally Posts: 122

Richard Haseltine said:

I wasn't suggesting that you do zero, just asking if you had as that can create issues by zeroing the correction setting.

Yes, if this is a cistim morph it may well need additional morphs to correct for joint bends - first you need to make a morph, then it is fairly simple to hook it up with ERC Freeze (just set the bend, the shape, and the JCM, then do an ERC Freze on the shape with the ebnd set as the attenuate by property and the JCM as the sub-compent)

Many thanks Richard ill do some experimenting with JCMs later today.

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited March 2023

idfk if there are any good tutorials, but the JCMs will probably make more sense to you if you set them up in Property Heirarchy manually (rather than with ERC freeze).

1. In 'property heirarchy' tab, you can search for your property (in this case your custom JCM), then you will need to set up the JCM's controllers.  You will need to set up two controllers for the JCM (1st stage and 2nd stage), one for the joint rotation and one for the FBM rspectively.

2. In the 'Properties' tab in Edit mode, drag the bone's currently used Rotation parameter from the 'Properties' tab to the 'Property Heirarchy' tab and drop it in the 1st Stage Controller of the JCM. If you set the type to 'keyed' rather than 'delta add', it's probably easier for you to understand and tweak, as you can change the value of the morph for a given 'key' (e.g., at rotation key -40, set to 100%, and at rotation 0 it's 0% or whatever you need)

3. Then drag the currently used FBM to the 2nd Controller (which should be set to Multiply). That way at 0% of the FBM, it will multiply out with the effect of the first controller to be 0%

You might need to subsequently add a few other JCM supporting the upper arm bend JCM to come into effect when shoulder goes front-back or when upper arm has twist or front-back movements.

Post edited by lilweep on
  • I must add that you should not do two ERC Freezes, so if you used that to link the joint adjustments you would either use the Property Hierarchy to configure the JCM or just right-click>ERC Bake to remove the original ERC, then redo it with the JCM added.