DIM updates reset it to delete packages after install!

I have no polite words to express my feeling on this. 
But it is wrong... It needs to respect the settings that are present ...
I've already used a lot of my download bandwidth and DIM just ate 5 or more gigabytes. 
Anyone have a clue as to whether an unistall will rebuild the installer if it has been deleted? 
NO  it does not recreate an installer package upon uninstalling.
Doesn't even give the package file is missing message. 
Interesting that the check box setting on the download section for Install after downloading is not changed just the one on the install page. If you can keep one setting why not the other? 
I installed a lot of package in the best couple days
I have 12,745 dsx files and 12,669 zips. 
And so far I haven't found a way for DIM to relist the missing zips in download list so may have to hand download each one. 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• The update did not change this, something else local to your system did. Unfortunately the only way to get the zip back is to redownload.

The checkbox on the Ready To Download and Ready to Install tabs are for different things - Install After Download and Delete After Instalaltion respectively - is it possible you meant to click the instal option but were in the wrong tab?

• I never ever allow install after download ... because everything goes to custom locations. 
    And the delete after install does get checked magically even thought I never click it because I never want to redownload. 
    Everything I downloaded the past couple days is gone and anything that I downloaded but didn't install until the past couple days is gone
    Last zip file still in download folder is for 9/20/2022 but I haven't purchased a lot lately.. Just big stuff. 
    But for DIM to recheck it ... it has to come from a Daz setting somewhere. 

• In the process of going thru the installers to figure out what was missing  I did find this.
    Trust me, I save data. 

really who else has one.jpg
    335 x 416 - 26K
  • alan bard newcomer said:

I never ever allow install after download ... because everything goes to custom locations. 
    And the delete after install does get checked magically even thought I never click it because I never want to redownload. 
    Everything I downloaded the past couple days is gone and anything that I downloaded but didn't install until the past couple days is gone
    Last zip file still in download folder is for 9/20/2022 but I haven't purchased a lot lately.. Just big stuff. 
    But for DIM to recheck it ... it has to come from a Daz setting somewhere.

If it was something DIM did on its own others would be affected. In principle it could be some fluke corruption of the .ini file, but it would have had to chnage the word true to false so not a simple bit-flip.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,873

I updated to 1.4.1.22 yesterday and downloaded and installed some things afterwards, the "Delete Package Once Installed" box remains unchecked, as it has been for years. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,846

Throughout all these updates we have received, I have never had the "Delete Package Once Installed" box get checked automatically. As Taoz said, it remains unchecked as it has been for years.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

I once checked it by clicking on a small sliver of the UI peeking out from behind various windows, on or very near the text label. You don't have to be right in the middle of the checkbox to check it. I didn't notice for a couple of days, and then I realized what had happened. D'Oh!

• there is a remote possiblility I hit it when I was trying to clear the que to stop some installs but that would also mean I had to have done it immediatily upon starting DIM because every single install that I did the past two days or so the zips are gone and basically since I haven't purchased anything much it the past couple of months all I have installed were new items that I just got and then I did a bunch of misc since I was installing..  genesis 9 basics hadn't even been installed. 
    ---
    It has happened before so I will continue to watch. 
    Does DIM stay open any more? 
    For me a couple years ago it started suddenly dropping it's connection with a message that the number of allowable connections had been exceeded and I figured that was because the server had reached it's limits of connectivity. 
    Dropping the connection wasn't a bother as much as the fact that when it did even to work offline you had to wait while it rebuild all its data. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,305
    edited March 2023

Moved to Technical Help as it is not about Daz Studio.

alan bard newcomer said:

there is a remote possiblility I hit it when I was trying to clear the que to stop some installs but that would also mean I had to have done it immediatily upon starting DIM because every single install that I did the past two days or so the zips are gone and basically since I haven't purchased anything much it the past couple of months all I have installed were new items that I just got and then I did a bunch of misc since I was installing..  genesis 9 basics hadn't even been installed. 
    ---
    For me a couple years ago it started suddenly dropping it's connection with a message that the number of allowable connections had been exceeded and I figured that was because the server had reached it's limits of connectivity. 
    Dropping the connection wasn't a bother as much as the fact that when it did even to work offline you had to wait while it rebuild all its data. 

If you have other things connecting to your account (e.g. Daz Studio itself or even Daz Central, or any of the instalaltion options on another machine, might exceed the limit of allowable connections adn then the oldest will be dropped. At least refreshing is now a lot fatser.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,437

Richard Haseltine said:

Moved to Technical Help as it is not about Daz Studio.

alan bard newcomer said:

there is a remote possiblility I hit it when I was trying to clear the que to stop some installs but that would also mean I had to have done it immediatily upon starting DIM because every single install that I did the past two days or so the zips are gone and basically since I haven't purchased anything much it the past couple of months all I have installed were new items that I just got and then I did a bunch of misc since I was installing..  genesis 9 basics hadn't even been installed. 
    ---

If you have other things connecting to your account (e.g. Daz Studio itself or even Daz Central, or any of the instalaltion options on another machine, might exceed the limit of allowable connections adn then the oldest will be dropped. At least refreshing is now a lot fatser.

Single connection with DIM, stays on for 24 hours max, like clockwork.