Start-to-finish Poser Figure Creation tutorial anywhere?

Howdy, all

I'm starting work on my own ST video, and find that to do it well, I'm going to need a couple (maybe three) alien figures: an Edoan, a Caitian and a Skorr. I think there are cat-foot morphs so that I could do the Caitian with something purchased here; not entirely sure how well I could do the Skorr (although I'm perfectly willing to be wrong; point me to interesting things). The Edoan (three legs, three arms, new head) I'm going to have to create more or less from scratch. My modeling skills are up to the task, but the last time I looked into Poser Figure Creation, there were a ton of later steps after the actual modeling. And yes, I want these to animate, not just for still pics.

I googled "Poser Figure Creation Tutorial" but I mostly come up with gibberish (including a YouTube video that was a minute and a half long for this subject!). Most complete one I found was to make a moving dog biscuit; not the most useful when I'm after semi-humanoid figures. I remember (or think I do) such tutorials (start to finish) from years back, but I'm not finding any such now. Have they gone the way of the dodo? Have they all moved to dead-tree books? Or am I just missing something painfully obvious when it's pointed out to me?

Thanks for anything anyone can point me to.

Davey

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

There is an old book "Secrets of Figure Creation with Poser 5", maybe you can lend it at the library?

Or you search google for

Figure rigging Poser

• WilmapWilmap Posts: 2,917

I got that book from Amazon. Quite cheap too.

• Me too 3 bucks plus shipping used from amazon with the disc. Totally worth it.

• Deej_232931Deej_232931 Posts: 26
    edited September 2015

Sounds like I need to use one of those Christmas gift cards and find that book myself, then. Alas for the death/dearth of figure creation tutes.

Thanks for the recommendations!

Davey

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Me too 3 bucks plus shipping used from amazon with the disc. Totally worth it.

Which seller did you use as the price has gone up to a starting price of $6.14 + shipping and goes up from there?  I want to get the same book and get the CD also...

Thanks.

• MorkonanMorkonan Posts: 215

PhilC has some excellent short vids on figure creation on Youtube. They're worth watching. Mostly, they cover the rigging system. But, since that's what would be of primary interest for a Poser figure-creator, that's the most crucial information to have.

• Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    Deej said:

Howdy, all

I'm starting work on my own ST video, and find that to do it well, I'm going to need a couple (maybe three) alien figures: an Edoan, a Caitian and a Skorr. I think there are cat-foot morphs so that I could do the Caitian with something purchased here; not entirely sure how well I could do the Skorr (although I'm perfectly willing to be wrong; point me to interesting things). The Edoan (three legs, three arms, new head) I'm going to have to create more or less from scratch. My modeling skills are up to the task, but the last time I looked into Poser Figure Creation, there were a ton of later steps after the actual modeling. And yes, I want these to animate, not just for still pics.

I googled "Poser Figure Creation Tutorial" but I mostly come up with gibberish (including a YouTube video that was a minute and a half long for this subject!). Most complete one I found was to make a moving dog biscuit; not the most useful when I'm after semi-humanoid figures. I remember (or think I do) such tutorials (start to finish) from years back, but I'm not finding any such now. Have they gone the way of the dodo? Have they all moved to dead-tree books? Or am I just missing something painfully obvious when it's pointed out to me?

Thanks for anything anyone can point me to.

Davey

hi,

you can find a complete project here (one of the best i've seen so far yet in poserworld) Poser Figure Creation with "Darkseal" over at Cparadise
    also search on "dark edge design".
    http://contentparadise.com/productDetails.aspx?id=22153