rendered skin low res + render too fast

lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

hey everyone!
started a new work and decided it was time to try and "fix" my character's skin render. For some reason it always looks low res compard to the rest of the textures (clothes, etc...)
I've just spent the good portion of 2h researching how to fix this but all I see is "denoiser is bad" and "change your render settings". Usually my render settings are:

Render Mode = Photoreal
Max Samples = 10000
Max Time = 0
Rendering Quality = 3
Rendering Converged Ratio = 100%

which I actually got from this forum since my render was waaayy too fast and crap. Anyway... the lighting used is https://www.daz3d.com/iradiance-crystal--sparkle-rich-hdri-for-iray which I suspect is partly cusplable but it also ahappens with other lighting so... *shrug*

thanks for any help you can give! <3

EDIT
after opening photoshop I noticed that the black textures are also the same... :(

EDIT 2:

I changed my render settings and even with 1500 max samples it renders in 30 minutes... is this the problem? I can't make it render longer so it's not finished and it looks low res?

Screenshot (336).png
2380 x 1940 - 2M
Screenshot (333).png
3792 x 1543 - 3M
Screenshot (337).png
2413 x 1944 - 1M
Post edited by lumiasart on

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

What skin are you using?

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
    edited February 2023

FSMCDesigns said:

What skin are you using?

I'm using  Reine by Crocodile Liu https://www.daz3d.com/co-reine-and-co-reine-hair-for-genesis-8-females
    I forgot to post the picture *faceplam* it's now posted.

Post edited by lumiasart on
  • apparently it really was the rendering time. once I discovered how to make it take longer to render the skin is looking good :)
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

You can disable rendering quality and that will not stop the rendering anymore

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

lumiasart said:

apparently it really was the rendering time. once I discovered how to make it take longer to render the skin is looking good :)

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I had a friend who has that character check it out to see if it had any special properties that would make it take longer to render. Glad you got it sorted out.

• lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126

lumiasart said:

apparently it really was the rendering time. once I discovered how to make it take longer to render the skin is looking good :)

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I had a friend who has that character check it out to see if it had any special properties that would make it take longer to render. Glad you got it sorted out.

no worries :) thanks for trying to help!