Pose Fusion Plus Genesis 9 Edition (Commercial)

Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
edited September 2023 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Official Pose Fusion Plus Genesis 9 Edition Support Thread.

Latest version V1.2

Fixed Issue -
Baking pose controls was not working because script used old pre G9 file naming convention prefixes to help confirm that they were pose controls and needed to be baked.

Main.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 790K
Post edited by Zev0 on

Comments

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

Zev0 said:

Nothing to see here.

You tease!   wink 

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045

I don't mean to tease lol. But you are not allowed to showcase a product unless it is accepted in the store. These placeholder threads are so that the product support links point here and will be renamed if product is accepted.cool

• johnbpjohnbp Posts: 55

Zev0 said:

I don't mean to tease lol. But you are not allowed to showcase a product unless it is accepted in the store. These placeholder threads are so that the product support links point here and will be renamed if product is accepted.cool

I know... but my way is more fun.  I was just being facetious.  And I have my hopes up that it is a G9 version of what I feel is your best creation so far!

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

II don't know about anyone else, but 'm really excited to see Shape Shift for the DAZ Squirrel!  It's long overdue.  Whoot!

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Oh nice! Will this only work with G8 poses that have been fully converted to G9? The only thing I miss when using the Pose Converter script is a way to apply a pose only to a selected bone.

"Oh nice! Will this only work with G8 poses that have been fully converted to G9?"

Will work with any pose converted to G9 and of course native G9 poses.

• plasma_ringplasma_ring Posts: 1,020

Thank you!

• NewGuyNewGuy Posts: 141

Hi Zev0, I just want to start off by saying I have many of your products and find all of them useful and in some cases "I don't know how I'd function withouth them".  As a pose creator I'm very happy to have this product released, but I have one area of feedback.  DAZ has a standard of saving out poses with only transforms and rotations, no size adjustment should be included.  Would it be possible to add in this feature to Pose Fusion Plus to select which properties to save out? Or at least have an option to not save out size parameters?  That would make a workflow of building poses much more useful.  Particularly when saving out partial poses.  

I find the DAZ vanilla way of saving out poses painful as you have to go through the checkbox selection process and this would avoid that tendious procedure.  

edited March 2023

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. You can just set this to 1 over here before saving. We kept saving scale for people who want to save poses for specific characters who are not standard size.

Capture.JPG
    574 x 888 - 64K
    Post edited by Zev0 on

Zev0 said:

Hi. Thanks for the feedback. You can just set this to 1 over here before saving. We kept saving scale for people who want to save poses for specific characters who are not standard size.H

That will work in situations where you want a scale value of 1.00.  However, it would still create poses that reset the scale for people who don't want it reset.  By not including scale parameters in a saved pose, you don't affect the user's scale values on a character.  It's a small, often not relevant issue, however DAZ still has a standard for making poses that don't include scale.  I'm not much of a coder though, so I don't know the level of difficulty/effort required to implement a feature like this.  I just thought it would help speed up making poses for commercial products.  I've been waiting for DAZ to include some functionality in Studio where you could save a preset paremeter set-up and it hasn't happened.  Maybe that could be future product you create if it is viable.  Something where you can call up the save parameters for saving presets would be very useful.  Thanks for your response.  

edited March 2023

We will see if its possible to add a scale bypass button.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • orinsorins Posts: 8

That will work in situations where you want a scale value of 1.00.  However, it would still create poses that reset the scale for people who don't want it reset.  By not including scale parameters in a saved pose, you don't affect the user's scale values on a character. 

Is the situation similar for the Figure Translation and Rotation parameters? Doesn't just setting them to zero lock the figure into World Center when applied?

edited March 2023

orins said:

That will work in situations where you want a scale value of 1.00.  However, it would still create poses that reset the scale for people who don't want it reset.  By not including scale parameters in a saved pose, you don't affect the user's scale values on a character. 

Is the situation similar for the Figure Translation and Rotation parameters? Doesn't just setting them to zero lock the figure into World Center when applied?

Yes it does.  So being able to turn off the Figure's translation and rotation parameters would also be useful.  With DAZ poses the Figure's translation and rotation values are not saved in the pose preset.  Only hip, pelvis, spine... etc. have the rotation and translation values saved, whether they are zero or otherwise.  This is standard procedure so that when a pose is applied, it does not override the character's position in the world or change the character's size values (in case those are part of the figure's make-up).  This makes sense, however other stores that sell poses don't always follow this requirement.  This makes it a nuisance when you have scaled up a figure and the pose keeps resetting it's scale to 100%.  Or if you've moved the character in your scene and the pose resets it to world origins.  Most people do not want that to happen.  I have purposely not bought poses at other stores from sellers who don't follow this practice as it sometimes creates headaches with custom characters.  

I just thought it would be nice to be able to save out my poses I've created (particularly partial poses) more quickly than the standard way.  But it has to follow DAZ requirements of not saving scale data for parameters.   

edited for spelling.

Post edited by NewGuy on

Latest version V1.1

Added ability to save poses with figure scale.