How to get Daz to Unreal bridge to work with UE 5.1

Hello, I am using DAZ Studio 4.21.0.5 Pro edition (64bit) and use Unreal Engine 5.1.

I cannot get the bridge to work. Any thoughts?

Abdur
BAD RABBIT PICTURES

Comments

• ViallyVially Posts: 343

Doesn't work with UE5.1, nor UE5.1.1, nor with G9 F or M forms.

The version we can download from here is old, even the one from the creators website is older than what I've seen in some tutorials online, on how to do this (with 5.0 and G8F).

I bring this whole conversation up in another thread.

Bingo!

Okay, so from the dev webpage, there is a repository to the right of page that says it is obsolete. If you Scroll down, you will see a section that says the tool was devided between Unity and Unreal... Select the Unreal link, and WHAM -there is a download lin on the righ again for an Unreal 5.1 hotfix!

I am downloading it as I type!

edited March 2023

And it works...

More or less...

G9 is in UE5.1.1 in the full female morph. Going to suggest bring G9 Staight in, but include the Full Female and Full Male Morphs (that way you have options) The Morphs work quit well, the gowing up Morph appears to work, but there is a severe graphic 'stuttering' once it is used... will have to figure that one out.

I removed the tears and eyelashes from the export, and well, something strange happened in that the eyes do not appear to there (they are seperate with G9, so maybe that's it) And at certain angles you can see through her head, her eyes ar not ther, but the back of her head is, so that one has me scratcing my head...

Ayway, Pictures, it DOES work, just not sure I want to go that route, at ths time...

Oh, and the eyebrows... Yuck!

G9InUE511.png
    630 x 408 - 299K
    G9InUE511-02.png
    802 x 560 - 501K
    Post edited by Vially on
    edited March 2023

P.S. you are looking for Daz To Unreal Bridge v2022.2.18

Post edited by Vially on
  • Thank you so much Vially....you are awesome. I will check out the downloads today. You are the best. Take care.

• QuinlanQuinlan Posts: 15

The hot fix is just for Windows... 

or does it work on a Mac too?

Short answer, I find, is that it doesn't work with the current Unreal version of 5.1.1

• I use this version

https://github.com/David-Vodhanel/DazToUnreal/releases/

Includes UE_4.25 to UE.5.2

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

I still use 4.26 and 4.27 with my DAZ characters because those versions support other assets from the Unreal Marketplace I use that also have not been updated

it seems one has to make a choice as to which plugin you use on the DAZ studio end

only solution might be installing one in the public build but not tried it yet

I can still add DAZ characters manually as FBX imports to 5.1 and do use the plugin DTU versions rather than FBX export them with the default exporter as the duplicate nodes etc fixed

• reaper989reaper989 Posts: 3
    edited June 2023

where do you install these files? Daz doesnt offer any option above 5.0. how do you get Daz Studio to have 5.2 in its unreal drop down menu? I have the hot fix for 5.2

Post edited by reaper989 on
  • atoulou15atoulou15 Posts: 0
    edited June 2023

frankiev888_28b3c399af said:

I use this version

does it works for you in UE.5.2?  coz i still have issues...

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • rafed_alwanirafed_alwani Posts: 26
    edited June 2023

frankiev888_28b3c399af said:

I use this version

This is great thank you

But I didn't know how to install it on Unreal. I followed the instructions which generated errors and the files did not get copied to project

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on