Remove a part of a character morph OR only use a part of one?

feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128

Hey guys.

Imagine you have a perfect character morph that satisfies you completely but in one single area. Let's say the abdomen/abs one.
Is there a way - maybe a product? - to apply the whole character morph without that one part? Or the other way around, to apply separate parts of the whole char morph?

'Cause I'd kinda like to avoid exporting/importing and Blender-ing this time.

Post edited by feldarzt on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
  • UncannyValetUncannyValet Posts: 169
    edited February 2023

I found ShapeSplitter can potentially be quite hard to use for some certain morphs (to get the alignment exact)

Another way to do it is to use the Replace node in the software R3DSWrap, which is very easy to use and has some algorithms to assist with the alighments of two figures. You can then export and use morph loader pro to bring the morph back to Daz Studio.  R3DSWrap can be expensive to purchase, but does have free trial.

Post edited by UncannyValet on
  • feldarzt said:

Hey guys.

Imagine you have a perfect character morph that satisfies you completely but in one single area. Let's say the abdomen/abs one.
    Is there a way - maybe a product? - to apply the whole character morph without that one part? Or the other way around, to apply separate parts of the whole char morph?

https://youtu.be/XuQwnTd4Fok

• feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128

OMG, this is incredible! I'm almost speechless 'cause how cool that is!
    Thank you!!!

The Shape Splitter creator probably hates the author of that video smiley

Catherine3678ab said:

feldarzt said:

Hey guys.

https://youtu.be/XuQwnTd4Fok

• feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128

Yeah, that price tag is kinda high.
    Then again, it's nice to know that there is such software just in case. Thanks for a bit of enlightenment!

Stupido3D said:

I found ShapeSplitter can potentially be quite hard to use for some certain morphs (to get the alignment exact)

Another way to do it is to use the Replace node in the software R3DSWrap, which is very easy to use and has some algorithms to assist with the alighments of two figures. You can then export and use morph loader pro to bring the morph back to Daz Studio.  R3DSWrap can be expensive to purchase, but does have free trial.

• feldarzt said:

OMG, this is incredible! I'm almost speechless 'cause how cool that is!
    Thank you!!!

The Shape Splitter creator probably hates the author of that video smiley

... edited

No, most things than any of the products sold do, can be done for free using D/S's tools and/or with a modeller, if one knows how to and is willing to spend the time.

Products can be great time savers.