Please help, will reward.

I've been getting annoyed with the one minute loading times and clearing scenes lately. I get messages saying that I have duplicate files but I still don't know enough to how that's possible. This can potential slow my workflow down. My OCD aniexty has me wanting to throw in the towel. I offer $20 bucks to anyone who can help me with this problem. Maybe it's not that big of a deal? Here's my log: https://pixeldrain.com/u/SfHdQXrR

Comments

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

So, you seem to have a bad product named Daphne... she shares names of morphs with other products.  

First, remove Daphne. The loading time should greatly improve since there are no conflicts.

Next, contact Help for whoever sold you Daphne. Hopefully, they repair Daphne and everything should work. If you bought it at Daz3d, go to Help, log in, and submit a ticket.  What is happening is the program is running into two things that share the same name so that program pauses and then marks as a conflict for each of those duplicates.  

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

This is a bit tricky to track down sometimes since the duplicate formula errors are where two products have clashing IDs but the logs only point you to the second one. I am assuming that in this case the second one is "Daphne for Olympia 8" but as far as I am aware I don't think you can spot the first one from the log output.  The only "Daphne" I have is "Addy Daphne for Genesis 8 Female" but I had a quick look and I don't think this would clash as the IDs seem to be good on that one - they have a vendor prefix in the ID values. There is a "Daphne for V6" in the store but I don't have that product myself so can't check it, also you may have a "Daphne" from a different store that could be the second product.

While it's nice to be able to reference both products when submitting a bug report I think nemesis10's solution is still best - raise a help ticket with Daz Support regarding "Daphne for Olympia 8" since "FHMDaphne" and "CTRLDaphne" are very poor values for an ID field that is required to be unique amoungst all installed products.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

On a side note, if your OCD is making you want to quit with slow loading times and duplicate errors then you are in trouble since many of us get these issues often and there are even products in the store still that will give a user these issues depending on what other products are installed. Extreme pateince is required when working with Daz Studio

When I need to clear a scene, I just close the app, it's faster that way

If you have a large G8 library and it takes forever to load G8, this product will help  with that. https://www.daz3d.com/turbo-loader-for-genesis-8-and-81

• There was a known clash which is fixed by an existing update https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7104726/#Comment_7104726 so if you have these two products just redownload the fixed one from your account.

The new beta (Public Build) of Daz Studio has improved loading times, especially when there are duplicate formulas, and has improved logging for duplicate formula reports.

• MidnightProphetsMidnightProphets Posts: 46
    edited February 2023

nemesis10 said:

So, you seem to have a bad product named Daphne... she shares names of morphs with other products.  

First, remove Daphne. The loading time should greatly improve since there are no conflicts.

Next, contact Help for whoever sold you Daphne. Hopefully, they repair Daphne and everything should work. If you bought it at Daz3d, go to Help, log in, and submit a ticket.  What is happening is the program is running into two things that share the same name so that program pauses and then marks as a conflict for each of those duplicates.  

That's what it was and the loading time is much better. So you have my gratitude. Expect a $20 spot coming your way, you guys are always reliable here, glad I came here.

Post edited by MidnightProphets on
  • nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

That's what it was and the loading time is much better. So you have my gratitude. Expect a $20 spot coming your way, you guys are always reliable here, glad I came here.

No reward needed... this is one of the perks of the forums.  Take that cash and spend it on a product and make some fun art that you enjoy.  Glad to see you in the boards!

• Put that 20 spot towards supporting one of your favorite PAs, the real people that make DAZ Studio worthwhile.