Daz to UE : How to get nice materials/textures ?

Im a bit shock bcs from what i saw, it's not so usual bu not many people complain about importation of texture from DAZ to UE.

I would like to know if there is a template avaialble to get nice texture of Daz figures inside UNREAL ENGINE ?

Template, new plugin ?

I saw houdini plugin topic to get amazing texture, but i don't have any knowlege about it.

I tought about take materials of meta human ? What do u think ?

Comments

• I tought about take materials of meta human ? What do u think ?

By all means do this as to using materials where the texture can be replaced. Texures from DS to UE do get imported but the hitch as to a 1-1 with DS is caused by the difference between how DS handles PBR based materials and how DS manages them. FOr example DS makes us of a lot of procedurals as part of the material where materials in UE are scripted shaders so anything from appliactaion A as far as materials goes has to be cross converted to the UE4 system which should be handled by the bridging plugin.

The good nes is the brdge is handling the differences in material a lotttt better than the first few iterations of the bridge, like metal materials looks much better, so fingers crossed the bridge will become much better as to a 1-1 requirement.

• edited February 2023

You might want to look at this:

https://www.unrealengine.com/marketplace/en-US/product/materials-conversion-and-layer-system-for-daz3d-imports

This product on the Unreal Marketplace uses Metahuman-like materials, and has an added layering system for makeup, grunge, dirt, etc. The developer is very interactive with customers and very accomodating and open to suggestions for improvements, too. AAA

Oh, and it's on sale for $20 right now, half price

Post edited by delectro_9f6dc82a97 on
  • CASINCCASINC Posts: 56

The truth is they all look kinda meh, even metahuman, outside its specific close-ups and lighting. There's a reason all these super realistic skin textures only usually do close up head creations. 

I've tried many setups so far, Including the one avaible for Daz on the Unreal marketplace. to be far, it's not a metahuman setup. It's more like the Unreal realistic human setup that you can download as a sample. And those are both decent at best. Plus the eyes dont work unless you rig seperate eye meshes to the Daz character in Daz. 

So I use a setup called "Unreal master material for Skin." Google it, it should come up in youtube or artstation. I've spent awhile adapting it to my Daz characters in Unreal. After trying others, that is still the best I have. Even better then metahuman when running live in Unreal, if you ask me. 

• CASINC said:

The truth is they all look kinda meh, even metahuman, outside its specific close-ups and lighting. There's a reason all these super realistic skin textures only usually do close up head creations. 

I've tried many setups so far, Including the one avaible for Daz on the Unreal marketplace. to be far, it's not a metahuman setup. It's more like the Unreal realistic human setup that you can download as a sample. And those are both decent at best. Plus the eyes dont work unless you rig seperate eye meshes to the Daz character in Daz. 

So I use a setup called "Unreal master material for Skin." Google it, it should come up in youtube or artstation. I've spent awhile adapting it to my Daz characters in Unreal. After trying others, that is still the best I have. Even better then metahuman when running live in Unreal, if you ask me. 

Hello, I know this is kinda a late reply, but do you get any workflow or workaround of tutorial on how to set it up for daz characters?