upload work to gallery

lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
hey everyone, I've tried several times over the last few months to upload my work to the daz gallery but there's always something wrong. first I have 2 albums that I can't delete because it says it's not empty but I don't have anything uploaded. (honestly I can't even open my albums... just edit them). today I managed to upload a work but I can't find anyway to publish it. I would like to delete my albums and just upload my work to either a new album or the root gallery. it really shouldn't be this difficult... thanks! :)
Screenshot_2023-02-24-17-34-59-50_40deb401b9ffe8e1df2f1cc5ba480b12.jpg
1440 x 3168 - 314K
Post edited by lumiasart on

Comments

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

The Gallery is a bit weird and slightly broken in some ways. It might be best, if you can, to have a look around on a desktop rather than your phone just so you can familiarlise yourself with it as there may be additional oddness/errors when using a phone browser.

For what it's worth I just created a new album and then deleted it and it appeared to work without error - although I do also have an issue whereby an album that should have 1 image inside it doesn't show up at all so who knows if it's actually gone or just hiding.

The publish link is in the image editing window - next to save. Bear in mind that your first few uploads will go into a moderation queue and so will not be visible until they have been approved. Therefore, you may have to wait upto 24 hours (not including weekends) for the image to show up.  The publish button is a bit broken in that it seems to continually try to re-publish constantly (no success feedback) so if you keep an eye on the green notification message in the bottom left you can quit out of the page when it says it's trying to publish it a second time.

• The Gallery is a bit weird and slightly broken in some ways. It might be best, if you can, to have a look around on a desktop rather than your phone just so you can familiarlise yourself with it as there may be additional oddness/errors when using a phone browser.

For what it's worth I just created a new album and then deleted it and it appeared to work without error - although I do also have an issue whereby an album that should have 1 image inside it doesn't show up at all so who knows if it's actually gone or just hiding.

The publish link is in the image editing window - next to save. Bear in mind that your first few uploads will go into a moderation queue and so will not be visible until they have been approved. Therefore, you may have to wait upto 24 hours (not including weekends) for the image to show up.  The publish button is a bit broken in that it seems to continually try to re-publish constantly (no success feedback) so if you keep an eye on the green notification message in the bottom left you can quit out of the page when it says it's trying to publish it a second time.

thank you so much! I guess that's what is going on with my albums - there's something in there that I can't see. I did try on the pc before but I'll do it again :)
  • arrjeearrjee Posts: 41
    edited March 2023

SofaCitizen said:

The Gallery is a bit weird and slightly broken in some ways. It might be best, if you can, to have a look around on a desktop rather than your phone just so you can familiarlise yourself with it as there may be additional oddness/errors when using a phone browser.

So if my first attempt to publish something is taking more than an hour, that's normal?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • lumiasartlumiasart Posts: 126
    arrjee said:

So if my first attempt to publish something is taking more than an hour, that's normal?

when you click publish, a little notification shows up at the bottom of the screen (left). it only lasts a second but it will say "published" in green. once that happens it's ok to exit :) the "publishing..." at the top of the page is broken.