Erasing all daz from computer to start from scratch.

I've been tearing my hair out with this. 

"A valid PostgreSQL CMS connection could not be established."

I've searched the forums and tried a bunch of things... mostly trying to go through preferences, and changing the cms, but through ten installs and deletions and re-intallings, I am no closer to getting daz to work. I've tried multiple times to install the PostgreSQL that is available. I've tried installing it first and then daz studio... installing daz studio first and then the PostgreSQL. Again, tearing my hair out.

What I'd love to do is start fresh, delete every daz file (including any hidden files) that make any reference to daz) and then reload the whole thing with every default... but I'm at a loss as to how to do this. I had another drive on this laptop that I had my assets on... drive went bad... daz crashed... then I started down this long and painful road of trying to re-install it. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Comments

• I am not aware of a way to do that.

Have you rtried setting a different location for the Content Cluster? What security software are you using? How are you installing?

• Richard Haseltine said:

I am not aware of a way to do that.

Have you rtried setting a different location for the Content Cluster? What security software are you using? How are you installing?

Tried different locations and tried both the DIM and Daz Central to load it. The weird thing is, I can get the program loaded, and I can even load assets from the DIM, but I can't log into daz through the program or see any unloaded assets inside the program. So the program is kind of usable in a half-baked way.  

• Well, you don't need to log-in if you are not isntaling through Daz Studio itself. Can you see the content in the Content Library pane under Daz Studio Formats?

• daniel_ff86a18d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Tried different locations and tried both the DIM and Daz Central to load it. The weird thing is, I can get the program loaded, and I can even load assets from the DIM, but I can't log into daz through the program or see any unloaded assets inside the program. So the program is kind of usable in a half-baked way.  

OK, have pretty much been throwing everything at the wall. I got my assets to show up in the program and can download them... not sure what I did differently. BUT, it's still not letting me log in, inside the program.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

daniel_ff86a18d said:

daniel_ff86a18d said:

Richard Haseltine said:

OK, have pretty much been throwing everything at the wall. I got my assets to show up in the program and can download them... not sure what I did differently. BUT, it's still not letting me log in, inside the program.

You do not want to log in, inside the program.