G9 character morphs to G8 - saw it now can't find it.

MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31

Hello Peeps,

I'm sure I saw a script for transfering G9 morphs/characters to G8 figures in the forums a little while back. I forgot to bookmark it. As searching for anything in the forums is like trying to find a very small needle in a very big haystack, I'm having problems finding it. Does it exist or was it just wishful thinking?

Andrew 

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• Moved to Technical Help as it is not an offer of a freebie.

• Not sure you saw a G9->Anything script of any sort. It's really too new. 

There are G8->G9 pose conversion/transfer scripts, but I'm not sure if there are any the other way round. I'm going to start on a G9->G8 Pose transfer script soon-ish (next week or so), but not sure when I'll finish it

Morphs/characters between generations are hard (beyond me) and take a fair time to program. I'd be surprised if a G8-G9 has been done yet, letalone the reverse.

Regards,

Richard.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

wishful thinking

• MoogeeMoogee Posts: 31

My bad I think using the wrong words. What I found was a an adjustment script that could be applied to G9 to change it to G8 male or female so that G8 clothing and hair could be used on G9. Doesn't work on poses or expressions. Now, of cause, there is the clothing converter and the pose converter. 

From what Richard has said in his post above prehaps there is a script in the pipeline that would alllow G9 character morphs to be applied to G8. I hope so as it would help people like myself whose 'puter isn't really G9 ready yet. Being able to use a G9 morph with a G8 texture would help with regards to memory usage. It would also help with character creation being able to mix G9 and G8 (and with all the other G's). Using the converter programs (I have a few of them) increases the size of the runtime and can mean jumping about trying to find things making work flow a bit of a nightmare. 

Sorry if I got anybody excited.

Andrew 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

andrew.sellars3_9558924942 said:

My bad I think using the wrong words. What I found was a an adjustment script that could be applied to G9 to change it to G8 male or female so that G8 clothing and hair could be used on G9. Doesn't work on poses or expressions. Now, of cause, there is the clothing converter and the pose converter. 

From what Richard has said in his post above prehaps there is a script in the pipeline that would alllow G9 character morphs to be applied to G8. I hope so as it would help people like myself whose 'puter isn't really G9 ready yet. Being able to use a G9 morph with a G8 texture would help with regards to memory usage. It would also help with character creation being able to mix G9 and G8 (and with all the other G's). Using the converter programs (I have a few of them) increases the size of the runtime and can mean jumping about trying to find things making work flow a bit of a nightmare. 

Sorry if I got anybody excited.

Andrew 

Have you tried G9 yet? I don't see any resource difference between G9 and G8

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,378

It sounds like some sort of clone set that might be in the freebie section. Genesis 9 has a built in set of clones that are used for autofit (the settings are hidden in the Hidden section of the Parameter settings)?