Save numerous morphs as a single morph?

Hey guys,

I have a character that is changed by a lot of various morphs. Can I somehow save the character's shape as a single morph instead?

Also, do many morphs affect dForce calculations? Or dForce only works with actual meshes?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

The way DS works is you don't combine multiple moprhs into one, but there is a way that I can't find the link (hopefully Richard sees this and posts a reminder) to where you set it up to have one dial control them all. I have come across products and illegally shared characters that combined the morphs into a single one, which is probably why DS is set up the way it is.

As for dforce, yes, it works with the mesh, so the number of morphs don't affect it, at least in my experience..

• Isn't that just called a Character Preset?

• Are you sure you want to do that? Then you'd lose the ability to later adjust them individually if, say, one particular morph doesn't look right from a particular camera angle. I think what you want is a character preset, like Pickle Renderer pointed out.

• tfistfis Posts: 129

You could save the character as obj an reimport it via morph loader pro.

• You don't want to bake them down to a literal sigle morph as that will break all links to other properties (e.g. makign joints ben in  anicer manner or making sure that the lips and eyes close without leaving gaps or crossing over). What you can do, as FSMCDesigns says, is make a single control slider that will apply all the parts of your shape.

To make a cotnroller right-click in the Parameters pane and enable Edit Mode 9assuming ti isn't). Now right-click in the group you want to contain your slider and select the option to create a new property. A dialogue will open allowing you to name and label the sldier, set limits, set type (Modifier/Shape) an adjust colours as desired. Once you have the slider, set it to 100%, and right-click on it - select ERC Freeze. A dialogue will open, check that the things listed under Subcomponents are just the shapes you want (no poses you hadn't cleared), uncheck anything that shouldn't be there, and click Accept. Make sure the new slider works, then save or - if you want to have the slider available on other characters using the figure - go to File>Save As>Suport Assets>Morph Asset; the names you enter here will determine where the .dsf file goes within the figure's Morphs folder in the data folder.

• feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128

Cool! Thank you very much for the detailed instructions!

Richard Haseltine said:

You don't want to bake them down to a literal sigle morph as that will break all links to other properties (e.g. makign joints ben in  anicer manner or making sure that the lips and eyes close without leaving gaps or crossing over). What you can do, as FSMCDesigns says, is make a single control slider that will apply all the parts of your shape.

To make a cotnroller right-click in the Parameters pane and enable Edit Mode 9assuming ti isn't). Now right-click in the group you want to contain your slider and select the option to create a new property. A dialogue will open allowing you to name and label the sldier, set limits, set type (Modifier/Shape) an adjust colours as desired. Once you have the slider, set it to 100%, and right-click on it - select ERC Freeze. A dialogue will open, check that the things listed under Subcomponents are just the shapes you want (no poses you hadn't cleared), uncheck anything that shouldn't be there, and click Accept. Make sure the new slider works, then save or - if you want to have the slider available on other characters using the figure - go to File>Save As>Suport Assets>Morph Asset; the names you enter here will determine where the .dsf file goes within the figure's Morphs folder in the data folder.