Help: GTX 1650 Turning Off Randomly

so here's the history of my desktop:
- Motherboard: MSI H110M Pro-VH Plus
- CPU: Intel Core i3-6100 LGA1151
- RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury
- PSU: FSP Hexa+ 550
- GPU: MSI GT 730
- GPU Studio Driver: 388.71 (for the majority of the almost 6 years)
- Daz Version: 4.9
- Render Mode: Iray
- Render Device: both CPU and GPU, OptiX Prime Acceleration off
- Rendering Converged Ratio: 95% or for 2 hours limit
- GPU-Z monitoring: nothing too high in value
- Years in Daz Service: almost 6 years
- Note: i always close every other application program before rendering, only Daz is open

yeah, it's a poor man's PC build, but it has been performing okay with Daz 4.9 for the past years since i bought it.
for light scenes, mostly outdoor, it utilizes both CPU and GPU.
for indoor scenes or scenes with multiple Generation 7 characters, it usually switches to CPU only.
for Daz 4.12 Beta, it only uses the CPU for rendering, that's why i don't realy use that version. 

Problem 1A) just this February, after trying to render an implied indoor scene, my GTX 730 shut off, leaving my CPU alive.
it's a scene that my PC can handle during the past years, that's why i was surprised.
it's only an implied indoor setting because i usually remove every wall and anything else that the camera cannot see.
but the GPU came back to life after reset.

Problem 1B) it happened during an Iray preview of an outdoor scene, meaning a lighter scene compared to the first problem.
after i ender the Iray preview, it took a few minutes before the GPU shut off.
but it never came back to life after reset, or power on, or reinstall then power on.
and so thinking that the GPU is the one at fault, i decided to buy a new one.
Error: LiveKernelEvent 117 for Windows and GPU failure according to Daz log

- Replacement GPU: MSI GTX 1650 Ventus XS 
- GPU Studio Driver: 528.49 (released just this February 2023)
- Render Mode: Iray
- Render Device: both CPU and GPU, OptiX Prime Acceleration off
- GPU-Z monitoring: nothing too high in value
- Note: i was recommended this one because it's the only better GPU version that is compatible with my existing PC components, and thinking that the GT 730 was able to handle all the work for the past years, i assumed that GTX 1650 can do the same with a slightly better performance.

Problem 2A) since the Nvidia Studio Driver version 528.49 is not a Beta, i thought that it was already safe to install.
i only learned later that many gamers are experiencing problems with it, but not the same case as mine.
after updating my GPU driver, i did some test render with Victoria 7 with some small assets, but with just a blank default environment.
this is something that my GTX 730 can render within 15 to 20 plus minutes, both CPU and GPU involved.
after doing the Iray render in Daz 4.9, it only utilized the CPU and it the result took more than 20 minutes.
after doing the Iray render in Daz 4.12 Beta, it surprisingly lasted for only 1 minute plus, the log file says that it uses both CPU and GPU, although (unlike in Daz 4.9) it didn't report how many iterations were done by the CPU and how many were done by the GPU.
after the completion of that 2nd render, the GTX 1650 shut off, leaving the CPU running.
Error: LiveKernelEvent 117 for Windows and successful end of render for Daz log

- Action 1: i did the sfc/scannow and the system said it fixed some corrupted files after
- Action 2: i updated my MSI BIOS to the latest compatible version listed on the official website

Problem 2B) after those actions, i was able to make my GTX 1650 run again.
i was only browsing the internet, nothing too heavy for the system.
but then my GPU shut off again, while my CPU is still alive.
Error: LiveKernelEvent 141 for Windows

my questions now are the following, since i have't read any case that is exactly similar to mine.
this is also considering something that i read, that the PCIe slot getting broken is rare, and that GPU Studio Driver version 528.49 has a lot of reported bugs.
that's why i'm very puzzled why my problem with the GT 730 is almost similar to my current problem with the GTX 1650:
1) if a PCIe slot is broken, does that mean that everything that will be plugged to it will not work?
2) is it possible for the PCIe slot to be moody, letting the GPU turn on and then turning it off randomly?
3) if the GPU can still be turned on, is it possible that the GPU driver is the one that has the problem?
4) in case it's just a GPU issue, what Nvidia Studio Driver version is safe for my GTX 1650, not just safe but is also certified to utilize both CPU and GPU for Iray rendering in Daz 4.5 or 4.12 Beta?

i really hope some of you can help me.

txt
txt
daz 4-12 log - gtx 1650.txt

Comments

• Hmmm ... this may or may not apply to your situation, but when parts of the system start acting wierd it is usually worth checking that your PSU (power supply) is functioning properly and/or the cables did not come loose. A power supply starting to fail can cause many strange happenings.

• 3141592654 said:

Hmmm ... this may or may not apply to your situation, but when parts of the system start acting wierd it is usually worth checking that your PSU (power supply) is functioning properly and/or the cables did not come loose. A power supply starting to fail can cause many strange happenings.

well, my motherboard only has 2 power conectors. i believe my GPU gets its power from the PCIe slot itself. GPU-Z also didn't show any suspicious number in the GPU's voltage.

in addition to the history of my PC, i never enable Overclocking.

• 141 and 117, I would think it's a driver issue.  I'd roll them back if you can and maybe try the studio drivers.  Do a clean install of them (NVIDIA installer gives the option).

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

If you are using DS 4.9, roll back (way, way back, years back) the nvidia drivers. At least to something released mid 2019.

You are using a GTX card, and the newer drivers with newer DS. are optimised for RTX cards, which means the RTX functions are emulated on non-RTX cards and that alone steals 1GB of VRAM in addition to what the OS, DS, the scene and the needed 'working space' requires

• thank you guys for your feedbacks.

yes, i only use Nvidia Studio drivers.

PerttiA said:

If you are using DS 4.9, roll back (way, way back, years back) the nvidia drivers. At least to something released mid 2019.

You are using a GTX card, and the newer drivers with newer DS. are optimised for RTX cards, which means the RTX functions are emulated on non-RTX cards and that alone steals 1GB of VRAM in addition to what the OS, DS, the scene and the needed 'working space' requires

i see, noted on this. it's a very helpful additional information. well, i guess rolling back is really my last option to try to revive my computer. i'm familiar with what driver works well with my previous GT 730, but the problem now is i don't know which drivers are proven to work fine with GTX 1650. so i'm gonna try to search this forum for any testimonials regarding that. or better, i hope someone in here can point me out to the specific Nvidia Studio driver that might solve my problem.