Info on eyes

Hi,

Anybody knows what setting colours the tear duct / tear line on a character? To be clear, the part you usually put eyeliner on.

I can't seem to find literally anything for it? No setting or texture for it?? Specifically g8.1 thanks :)

Comments

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited February 2023

there's not a specific material zone just for that small area, that region is part of larger face/eyesocket surface. Thus, the color of that area would be mapped using the Face texture map, the UV for which has both the face and eye socket areas on it.

So the "setting that colours" that area would be a material preset (such as a skin material preset that changes the face texture map) or Layered Image preset (such as a makeup LIE preset).

Post edited by lilweep on
  • Thanks for the reply!

I tried to randomyl color over the face texture but I don't see any difference? Just to make it clear, you mean that this specific area is the one "contiuring the  actual (empty) eyes" in the facepam? And what's the part for the tear duck?

THanks

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375
    edited February 2023

The following works: painting a texture, saving the texture, then loading the saved image in the relevant slot on the relevant surface/material zone.

The caruncle of the eye etc is in the part of the UV/texture map relating to the Eye Socket surface. 

The actual eye rim where you would paint mascara, from memory, is the area you described painting in your post above (the part around the eye hole on the texture map).

Post edited by lilweep on