DS hangs while saving files if "Allow CPU fallback" is turned off

Anyone else having this issue?
DS just hangs when saving a scene or pose file. I can see that the duf & png files were written within seconds, but DS just keeps spinning.
The longest I've waited was 5 minutes before I killed the task and reloaded DS. The saved files loaded fine afterwards.

It took me a long time to resolve this problem on a brand new rig with DS 4.21 installed.
I use project specific content libraries, so it's not an issue of millions of morphs loading or saving. Or dForce being used in a scene.
I used to turn off Render Settings/Advanced/"Allow CPU fallback" from back in the days when the GPU couldn't handle rendering a scene and I didn't want to have a CPU render instead because of the time it would have taken.
Now this setting causes DS to just hang when saving something on my Windows 11 / Ryzen 9 / RTX 3070 rig.
Oddly enough, I'm not seeing this behavior on any of my other rigs with a similar setup.

Maybe this is unique to this particular rig's configuration, so just an FYI for people who may be experiencing similar problems I guess.
Uninstalled and reinstalled DS several times trying to resolve this issue btw.