Help with troubleshooting

Hi,

A week ago, I noticed a very long time loading scene, as you can see in log, most of errors are due to expressions (Apply a G8 expression to G8.1 would be possibly the cause of such many errors ?)

An example : src\sdksource\fileinput\dzassetdaz.cpp(6903): Formula output property not found: Genesis8Male:/data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/DAZ%203D/Base%20Pose%20Head/eCTRLMouthCornerUp-Down.dsf#eCTRLMouthCornerUp-Down?value - in file: /data/DAZ%203D/Genesis%208/Male/Morphs/Zeddicuss/Z%20Pleasure%20and%20Pain/Z%20PAP%20G8M%20Trouble.dsf#Z%20PAP%20G8M%20Trouble

Do I have to uninstall all products concerned ?

Using studio version 21 / GTX1080TI / I7 8400K

Thanks for you help and have a nice day

Chris

txt
txt
trouble daz.txt
2M

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Making the G8 base expressions (and any expressions that are using them) work on G8.1 requires removing dummy/placeholder expressions that are installed to G8.1 morph folders - These dummy/placeholder expression files have no other function than to prevent the base G8 expressions from loading. 

The dummy/placeholder files are located in;

...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Base Pose Head\ (255 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)
    ...\Data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male 8_1\Morphs\Daz 3D\Expressions\ (24 files, can be more if you have additional DAZ expression packs)

Please make sure you are removing the files from G8.1 morph folders and not G8 morph folders.

Note 1; If you are logging in to DS and letting DAZ Connect (within DS) to install/update your content, you may have these also in an other location that has "\Data\Cloud\" in it's path
    Note 2; Do not remove any files from "FACS" or "FACSExpressions" folders

• Thank you very much for your help, I will try these; have a nice day !

• The new Public Build (beta) is meant to speed loading - it did so very dramatically for a figure with Dupliate Formula errors, essentially taking about the same time as with the problem resolved, but I don't know if it would show a dramatic improvement for these warnings (they are not errors). (General loading is a good bit faster in itself, but I don't know if that was solely due to issues like this or whether the basic processing is faster.)