Applying character preset to another figure freezing Daz-solved!

sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

Hello I was following Jay's Converting Gen 8 to Gen 8.1 tutorial () bascially by creating a preset with my gen8 female figure and applying it to a gen8.1 female figure. I tried following his steps with the dev load gen8.1 female figure and daz just froze after choosing to apply the preset to the existing figure. I then tried a default g8.1 female figure- no luck, then a random g8.1 female figure - still froze. Not sure how to convert my g8 character to gen8.1 to take advantage of the improved facial expressions. Help greatly appreciated :)

Post edited by sunnyjei on

Comments

• For some of us character presets take ages to apply, but they do in the end - how long were you waiting before (I assume) force-quiting Daz Studio?

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

For some of us character presets take ages to apply, but they do in the end - how long were you waiting before (I assume) force-quiting Daz Studio?

You assumed right I gave it about 10 minutes and assumed it wasn't working then tried it in the studio beta version (sometimes it works when the stable version won't). So I guess I need to try and just let it run up to 30 minutes? 1hr? Is there a way to know its working and not just frozen?
  • I have had it take a bit over half-an-hour, but unless I am bug-checking I just don't try so not sure how it would be withe currently installed items - most sets have shaping and material presets, both of which apply very quickly.

• sunnyjeisunnyjei Posts: 502

Richard Haseltine said:

I have had it take a bit over half-an-hour, but unless I am bug-checking I just don't try so not sure how it would be withe currently installed items - most sets have shaping and material presets, both of which apply very quickly.

Thanks! That did the trick. I just applied the preset and left it alone and about 20+ minutes later it finished :)