Suddenly main menu bar has changed?

MouserMouser Posts: 675

Not sure what happened but DS the main menu bar has moved the order of location of options as well as their drop down commands & options.

Also all of the installed script icons have been cleared (ex Turbo Loader etc).

The tools options are only a fractions of what they where?

I havnt updated DS itself recently so I am not sure what is going on.

Has anyone else run into this?

Post edited by Mouser on

Comments

• Something has probably corrupted your layout files. Do you keep back ups? Have you saved your layout (Window>Workspace>Save Layout)?

• MouserMouser Posts: 675

I thought that, so I set everything back to factory setting and it remains as is.

Everything so far looks to be working I am just confused as to the changes and wondered if anyone else had this happen.

• Are you talking about the Smart Content drop down options under "All Products"? My drop down completly disapeared AND i could no longer down load new items from the smart content windo pane. the last update corrupted something. i had to do a complete reinstall, I mean complete. You have to find all those hidden window files and delete those then do a new install. Everything came back after that.

• bignick22000_4186ddef4c said:

Are you talking about the Smart Content drop down options under "All Products"? My drop down completly disapeared AND i could no longer down load new items from the smart content windo pane. the last update corrupted something. i had to do a complete reinstall, I mean complete. You have to find all those hidden window files and delete those then do a new install. Everything came back after that.

That sounds like a database issue - did you get a complaint about PostgreSQL on launching DS?

Well I dug up an old layout on a backup and it seems to have restored the default items I guess I'll re-ad the scripts etc again.

Thinking on it, its been a few years since I did a fresh install...I cant wait.

Its back again

Uninstall

Re-Install

Still stuffed?

• Something is damaging your layout files. Assuming you are not force-quitting Daz Studio during shutdown it is likely to be a system or security tool of some kind, or an outright folder/disc issue.