Crashing on Load (sometimes!) in Daz 4.21 (help?)

So, my adventures in Daz 4.21 continue.

A lot of the crashes seem to happen during loading of figures, especially previously-saved characters and characters (but not props) selected from Scene Subset. However, I will sometimes encounter the same errors even with something as basic as a G8 figure.

All of my drivers are up-to-date, as this is a new hard drive and a fresh Windows installation, as well as a fresh 4.21 installation. GPU, MB, etc all up to date with the latest drivers.

Some of the many error codes:
DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "G:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:0000000054822950, QBasicAtomicInt::ref()

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "G:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:0000000054876300, qHash()+32 byte(s)

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "G:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\QtCore4.dll" at 0033:0000000054822950, QBasicAtomicInt::ref()

DAZStudio.exe caused ACCESS_VIOLATION in module "G:\Daz 3D\Applications\64-bit\DAZ 3D\DAZStudio4\plugins\aniMate2.dll" at 0033:000000001C9555D1

Comments

• Run a test on your memory; an Access Violation is a type of Exception caused when an application Reads, Writes, or Executes an invalid Memory Address.

• AgitatedRiot said:

Run a test on your memory; an Access Violation is a type of Exception caused when an application Reads, Writes, or Executes an invalid Memory Address.

I can't thank you enough for this comment! It's good to finally have a suspect in this 'investigation'... It would also explain some of the other headaches I've been having with this machine lately.
  • Testing RAM today. One bad stick, two good ones, one left to test. Up next is testing the good sticks as a pair. I feel like I've somehow turned this into a Winter Olympics sport. Coming up next, the pairs competition!

• Lol, at least you track down a bad stick of Ram and that is enough to cause problems.

• Two dead sticks. Fotunately, they're from the same pair, so hopefully I can send them back under warranty. The remaining pair passed MemTest86 alone and together.

Will probably have to reseat the CPU again as it is running about 5 degrees hotter than normal.

• Well, glad you still got two sticks.