How do I create a pre-shader

Let's assume I have a shape -- a circle or square or triangle. Now let's say that I want to put a letter or symbol in the middle of that shape. How big do I make the image? How do I get the cornoers to line up and how do I center the symbol in the middle of my shape.

And would I have to do anything special to make that symbol appear to have a 3-D effect?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,190
    edited February 2023

When you are sating in the middle of, I assume you mean as part of. And then if would depend on the UV wrapping. You would basically look at the UV map and use that to place your letter/symbol.

And to give it some 3D effect, I would put it through and image editor that can convert a heightmap (black-grey-white) to a normal map.

Post edited by felis on
  • UVs are relative, so the size in pixels could be whatever you needed as long as the elements were correctly placed within the image.

• Drogo NazhurDrogo Nazhur Posts: 1,080
    edited February 2023

So I have a shape here. Let's just use this for example.

If I go into Paint, how do I know where to begin the image and lets assume I was to put a "P" in the middle. How do I know where the middle is or how big to make the symbol so that it does not overflow the image

0509.png
    975 x 975 - 240K
    Post edited by Drogo Nazhur on
  • AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

You put your UV map template onto an overlay layer in your image editor and use it as reference.