Can't turn off canvasses / .exr files

HI all

I have nothing selected under Render settings/Advanced/Canvasses. Still after a render there it is, a canvas folder with .exr files. How do I turn off this annoying option? 
I honestly cannot remember turning it on. It just happened to see it the one day after doing some renders.

Thank you.

Comments

• So the Canvasses check box clear in Render Settings>Advanced>Canvasses?

• plarffplarff Posts: 264
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

So the Canvasses check box clear in Render Settings>Advanced>Canvasses?

HI Richard, adn yes its not selected. I actually did a batch render adn left the Advanced/canvasses screen open. I could see it being activated by itself. It was freaky and annoying. It's as is somewhere else in teh settings something is telling it to activate canvasses and in this field 3 different types of files to create. 

EDIT: When i make an image series then it doesnt appear to happen.

Post edited by plarff on
  • Does it affect all scenes? Does it survive a restart? If it seems to be just that scene, but persistent, then please report it to Daz with the scene file attached (and a note of the content used).

I have 2 PC's. The one is my render-PC, and its happening on this one. It survives restarts and its for any scene i do, it would appear for batch rendering or single rendering. It doesnt happen on my other ( work-PC) though.

Hi Richard.

I think i figure out why it happened and keep happening. What I do is create a scene and then save and save as the scene. For some obscure reason i believe i activated the canvasses. Of course from there every file i save would have this activated.

So basically stupidity on myside. Still not sure why or how come i activated canvasses.

• Well, I am glad it turned out to be explicable and not soem weird spookiness (which is, of course, an invitation for the credits to roll with an eldritch glow emitting from the Viewport).