Missing BearSkin.dsf

Hello? Yes, I need some help here. I'm missing the texture file for The Mr. Bear Character. Think you can help me out here?

BearSlider.png
142 x 185 - 35K

Comments

• Are you getting a missing file error or is it simply not there? Is the product working otherwise? How did you install?

• SofaCitizenSofaCitizen Posts: 1,767

That file does not appear to be listed in the file contents for textures according to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/36325/file_list

• Zebster50Zebster50 Posts: 10
    edited February 2023

Precisely, I'm using XTransfer for the morph, I need the texture too. 

Zebster50 said:

SofaCitizen said:

That file does not appear to be listed in the file contents for textures according to http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/36325/file_list

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
    edited February 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

Are you getting a missing file error or is it simply not there? Is the product working otherwise? How did you install?

Yes, I've got a missing file error.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Zebster50 said:

Zebster50 said:

SofaCitizen said:

But does it work on the figure it is made for?

Zebster50 said:

OK, well I don't have either product, but XTransfer says: "Only transfers morphs. All Skins need to be applied from source Material Presets." so it would not be touching the textures, you will need to manually apply them. So where are you getting "BearSkin.dsf" from?  Why can't you apply the textures from the "/Runtime/Textures/Joequick/MrBear/" folder?

@Zebster50, OK I have now bought this product and can see the error when loading the figure. Forget the XTransfer as that is not related to the error - both Iray figures are broken out-of-the-box.

It is fixable if you are confident manually extracting and editing files.

I will raise a bug report for it tho so maybe it will get updated by Daz.

Screenshot 2023-02-13 at 20.27.58.png
    706 x 1042 - 302K
    edited February 2023

Sweet!~ @SofaCitizen, if I may. Could you tell me how to manually extract and edit the file?~

Post edited by Zebster50 on

@Zebster50, Just FYI on the ticket - I got an update last night to say that it was acknowledged and so will be in the queue to be fixed.

However, as there is no timescale on that, here is the info to fix it yourself. Please note that I don't have Daz open right now so am doing it mostly from memory and also I fixed them on a Mac and so some behaviour may be different on Windows.

There are two files you will need to amend: "/People/Genesis 3 Male/Characters/Mr. Bear/Iray/Mr Bear Cub.duf" & "/People/Genesis 3 Male/Characters/Mr. Bear/Iray/Mr Bear.duf"

These paths are relative to the base folder where you installed the product. If you are unsure or are having trouble locating them then if you find the product within the installed tab of DIM and right click there is a "Show Installed Files" option which will open a tab listed all files. If you click on the paths above it should take you to them within a Finder/Explorer window.

As mentioned, these two files are compressed duf files. On the Mac I "renamed" them both to ad a second extension of zip to them e.g. "Mr Bear Cub.duf.zip" & "Mr Bear.duf.zip". Then when I double-clicked on them they self-extracted and created uncompressed versions of those files.

If you then open up those two files in a text editor you need to perform the following find & replace:

FIND: //data/
    REPLACE: /data/

There are 5 occurances of this bad path (double-slash at the beginning) in each file that you need to fix.

NOTE: While this replacement is only removing the double-slash and replacing with a single slash the Find & Replace includes a bit more content incase there are some double-slashes else where which are not incorrect. If you prefer you can just do the find and manually remove one of the leading slashes as there are only 5 to do in each file.

Once the file is now saved it should open without error in Daz. After checking that it works you can delete the two files ending in .zip.

NOTE: I did try re-zipping the duf files but Daz didn't like it - not sure if that was because it was a mac version of zip or the compression does something else. Either way, even tho the uncompressed versions are considerably bigger you may as well leave them in that state since when the files are fixed by Daz and a product is updated they will be replaced by fixed & compressed versions.

SIDENOTE: This is a similar process to fixing other "missing file" issues which usually can be spotted by a missing file message and a path beginning with "/textures/" - this is a telltale sign that a double-slash is present. In those instances the find and replace will be for "//runtime/"

Hopefully that makes sense, let me know if you get stuck.

• @SofaCitizen I only have PC.

Zebster50 said:

@SofaCitizen I only have PC.

That's fine. Nothing I did was Mac-only - it's just that things may be slightly different on Windows so the steps are the same but the exact details might be a tad different.

Unfortunately, the manual process is not "click-n-play" so you will have to follow the above steps if you cannot wait for Daz to fix it and queue up a product update.